Sorry I didn't get back to responding to comments last week, or visiting any of the other participants, it was a long, stressful week....I will do better this week!
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: Sixteen Tons (1955)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) 16 tons = 32,000 pounds, because there are 2,000 lbs. to a ton. Without looking it up, do you know how many ounces are in a pound? 16
2) The singer describes himself as having "a mind that's weak and a back that's strong." Think about yourself. Which feels more powerful today, your body or your brain? my brain
3) The poor chap in this song has money troubles. Are you good at sticking to your budget? Well...I was up until yesterday; I caved and went on a shopping spree for some cute Easter things at the Dollar Tree and some fun goodies at Tuesday Morning.
4) Tennessee Ernie Ford snapped his fingers as he recorded this song. It's been said that while it's possible to snap your fingers of both hands, the noise is louder with your "dominant hand." (So if you're a rightie, the finger snap will be louder with your right hand.) Try it yourself. Did you find this to be true? I didn't really hear much difference.
5) Mr. Ford appeared as "Cousin Ernie" in three episodes of I Love Lucy. What's your all-time favorite sitcom? Happy Days
6) Tennessee Ernie took the money he made from his performing career and invested in a California cattle ranch. Think back to the last beef your ate. How was it prepared? by me....we had steak last weekend for Valentine's Day
7) Mr. Ford passed away at age 72 in 1991. That year, Dr. Seuss also died. What's your favorite Dr. Seuss book? Green Eggs and Ham
8) Gene Roddenberry also died that year. Mr. Roddenberry is best known as the creator of Star Trek. Who is your favorite Star Trek character? don't have one, never got into Star Trek
9) Random question: We're having smoothies. What's your favorite? strawberry banana