Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: Daddy's Little Man (1969)
... because it's Father's Day weekend
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song is about an afternoon visit between a father and son. What are your plans for Saturday afternoon? We have a graduation open house to go to, then shopping for a back splash for our kitchen
2) The lyrics talks about enjoying an ice cream cone. Do you have any ice cream in your freezer right now? I think there is one Klondike bar in there
3) Sam's father hates it when she swears. When is the last time you cursed? yesterday
4) In a recent ranking of movie dads, Mufasa (Lion King) and Atticus (To Kill a Mockingbird) got very high marks. Who is your favorite movie or TV father? I like Steve Martin from "Father of the Bride"
5) Sam's own father often traveled for business, and always remembered to bring her the little complimentary soaps, shampoos or body lotion he got from the hotel. When you take a trip, do you bring back souvenirs? yes
6) Back when Sam was in high school, it was her father who gave her driving lessons. Who taught you how to drive? my dad
7) Sam's own father is easy to buy for: every year he wants a new pair of loafers, so every year for Father's Day she gives him a DSW gift card. Would you rather receive a gift that someone chose, even though it might not be just right, or do you prefer a gift card or cash so you can get exactly what you want? it depends... from the boys, I usually give them a few ideas of what I would like and then be surprised with what they get.... from the inlaws, $$ is always better... and I like the surprised of what my hubby picks out for me.
8) For family barbecues, Sam's dad dons his "Kiss the Chef" apron and mans the Weber. What's the last thing you cooked on the grill? burgers last night
9) Sam's father satisfies his afternoon sugar craving with an almost endless stream of Butter Rum Lifesavers. When you crave a snack, do you usually want something sweet or salty? it depends on my mood.... last night it was something sweet and the fruit salsa and cinnamon chips that hit the spot!