Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: Easter Parade ("In Your Easter Bonnet") (1933)Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song is about a special Easter hat to be worn with your "Sunday best." Will you be getting dressed up this weekend? I will. I bought a new dress and sandals for Sunday!
2) Sam is not crazy about hats because she cannot stand "hat hair." Do you have a lot of hats or caps? I do not. I don't like "hat hair" either!
3) This song was inspired by New York City's Easter Parade. Does your community host a similar event? I don't think so
4) On April 6, President Obama and Michelle will host lucky children for the 137th White House Easter Egg Roll. Which are your favorite eggs: colored hard-boiled eggs, chocolate marshmallow eggs, or plastic eggs with coins inside? Hard boiled eggs
5) How about Peeps? Would you rather have yellow chicks or pink bunnies? Both!! Love me some Peeps!!
6) The biggest chocolate Easter egg was made in Italy, measured 34 feet tall and weighed a staggering 15,000 lbs. Do you thinks it's possible to have too much chocolate? oh never!!
7) Jelly beans are also popular this time of year. A 2013 poll tells us that red is by far the favorite jelly bean color, with yellow a distant second. Do you have a preference? I prefer the red and orange ones
8) We've been talking a lot about sweets this morning. The only holiday that generates more candy sales is Halloween. When do you eat more candy: Easter or Halloween? Halloween
9) Easter is considered the season of rebirth. What makes you feel refreshed or rejuvenated? A pampering day at the spa!