Saturday 9: Boat Drinks (1979)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) Jimmy Buffett is singing about his bandmates watching hockey in a sports bar. Since it's Super Bowl weekend, our first question is: In cold weather, which sport to you watch most: football, hockey, or basketball? football
2) Jimmy sings it's just 20º outside. How high will the mercury reach where you are today? right now its 18° and the high is 30° - so they say....and snow showers...a.l.l. day long....ugh
3) "Boat drinks" are mixed drinks designed to enhance the enjoyment of a boat ride or time on the beach. Popular boat drinks include The Tequila Sunrise, Cuba Libre, and Mimosa. When did you last sip an alcoholic beverage? Was it a boat drink? About a month ago - dinner at Olive Garden I had a Milan Mai Tai
4) Jimmy met his wife, Jane, in Key West at a bar called The Chart Room. Have you ever been to Key West? I have not, but its on my list of places to go.
5) Have you ever met anyone worth knowing at a bar? not really - not a bar person
6) While Keith Richard and Paul McCartney have made cameo appearances in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, Jimmy Buffet has not. Producers have asked him, but he's always had to decline because of his touring schedule. Have you seen any of the Pirates/Jack Sparrow movies? yes/no.... they have been viewed here at the house by the guys.... I am in the room when they are wwatching them but I am not paying attention... not a fan of Johnny Depp.
7) When Jimmy gave the commencement address at the University of Miami, he showed up in flip-flops. How many pairs of flip-flops do you own? oh wow.... I have several...probably 10 or so
8) Jimmy has his own station on Sirius Radio. Do you subscribe to Sirius? I do not, the only time I have had sirius radio is when we had a car lease, and then purchased a new to us car.
9) Random question: What trend or fad from your youth do you hope never makes a comeback? bell bottoms