Saturday, February 13, 2016

Saturday 9

The Theme from Love Story

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

 

Saturday 9: The Theme from Love Story (1970)

In honor of Valentine's Day. Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) The very popular tagline for this movie is, "Love means never having to say you're sorry." Here's your chance to rewrite it. "Love means _____________________." Love means everything!

2) The movie was famous for a montage of the lovers frolicking in the snow. Do you enjoy sledding, skating, skiing, snowball fights, snowmen, etc.? Or do you just want spring to hurry up and get here? I am NOT a Winter person...so I am always in a hurry for Spring to get here!!

3) In the movie, Oliver asks his father for $5,000. The money is required for wife Jenny's hospital treatment, but Oliver is too proud to tell his father why he needs it. Adjusted for inflation, $5,000 in 1970 is $30,000 today. How much would you be willing to lend a friend or family member without knowing the reason? 0... only because I just don't have the $$ to loan out to anyone!

4) In the movie, Jenny is the daughter of a baker who owns a little shop in Cranston, Rhode Island. Think of the last baked goods you consumed. Were they home made? Did you buy them from a bakery, the grocery store, or a coffee shop, like Starbucks? It was homemade, and by me.... I love to bake, so rarely do I buy baked goods.

5) In 1970, when the movie was first released, California's First Lady Nancy Reagan said she liked it but was upset to hear Ali MacGraw's character swear. What's the curse word you use most often? (Feel free to spell it with *'s, in case Nancy Reagan stops by Sat. 9) sh!t or damn

6) Now 75, Ali MacGraw has let her famous hair go gray. She says she's glad to "look like a grown up." Do you feel your age? Or older or younger than your years? some days I feel my age, other times younger.

7) MacGraw and her Love Story co-star Ryan O'Neal are currently on tour in the play, Love Letters, and they're drawing big crowds of fans who remember them in their famous film. Tell us of another movie couple you felt had romantic chemistry. I can't think of anyone

8) Red is the signature color of Valentine's Day. Are you wearing red right now? I am not

9) Because Valentine's Day is such a big day for chocolate ... would you prefer a large, solid milk chocolate heart or a small box of four assorted chocolates? small box of assorted chocolates

6 comments:

  1. Living in the dang %^*} blasted land of ( apparently now) endless summer, I'm starting to appreciate winter more.
    Baking is a lot of fun,isn't it? It's still my favorite thing.
    Have a lovely weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,I bet your house smells wonderful with home made goodies in the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We aren't supposed to be eating baked goods as we are supposedly dieting, my husband and I. I don't see that not eating them helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homemade baked goods are the best! I usually don't even bother at a store unless it's a REAL bakery, because it's not worth it.
    We haven't had WINTER in like 3 years here, so I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can take about a week or two of winter and then I am ready to move on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answers :) I am actually enjoying winter this year, though my arthritis is not *laughs* I also used to enjoy baking, but since I no longer eat anything sweet, I really miss it.. kudos for you for baking your own goodies! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!