Saturday, February 27, 2016

Saturday 9

The Times of Your Life

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

 

Saturday 9: The Times of Your Life (1976)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.



1) This song is all about memories. How far back can you remember? What's your earliest memory? I was probably 4ish, I remember cutting my sisters hair as I was mad that it was longer than mine.

2) The first line is "Good morning, yesterday." What do you remember about yesterday morning? Getting my husband's coffee, breakfast and lunch made, getting his car cleaned off for the snow storm we got the night day before, and sending him on his way so I could start my day.

3) This song was originally a 60-second jingle, featured in a commercial for Kodak film. Do you ever use film? Or are all your pictures digital? Once the digital world came in to play.... all my photos are digital now.

4) Who took the most recent photo of you? more than likely.... me, its probably a selfie

5) This week's featured artist, Paul Anka, was born in Canada and enjoyed appearing in a made-for-TV Perry Mason movie with fellow Canadian, Raymond Burr. Do you enjoy courtroom dramas? not really

6) At 15, Anka won a supermarket contest by collecting the most Campbell soup can wrappers. The prize was a trip to New York. Do you enter contests and sweepstakes? Play the lottery? I do enter giveaways on youtube and blogs.... the lottery rarely - if ever

7) This year Paul Anka performed throughout Florida (Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, Clearwater and Fort Myers). The Sunshine State is a popular vacation destination. Do you have a favorite spot in Florida? no spot in particular... having only been there a few times, and each involved Disney.... we are going down there in a couple of weeks to visit with my brother, who recently moved down there.

8) In 1976, the year this song was on the charts, an earthquake hit China. Have you ever experienced an earthquake? no... we had one here in MI last summer, but I never felt it like the others did.

9) Random question: Do you know CPR? I do. I had to get certified every 2 or 3 years when I had my in home daycare. I should really go take another class and get certified again.

6 comments:

  1. I should probably learn CPR, too. We never know when we'll be called upon to help someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should take another CPR class, mine lapsed, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that your sister has forgiven you. I think that everyone has some kind of an unfortunate hair cutting story from their childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did your sister slap you for cutting her hair? Or did she enjoy the trim? Nice memory. I always wanted a sister.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my answer to the earthquake question was no but after reading your answer I do realize that I guess I have been as they state them on the local news quite a bit but like you never feel them
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll bet you'll be glad the snow is almost over. That is a lot to do of a morning. Oh yes, get a new cert. It's all changed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!