Saturday, February 6, 2016

Lots of changes going on

We are in the second month of 2016, and lots of changes going on.  I have transitioned my hosted blog back over to blogger, to save on outgoing costs.  To go along with saving money, I am on a no spend time this month, outside of the necessaties.  Got to get up back on track with our budget and savings!

Other changes, I will be working from home (hopefully starting this week!).  So I have turned Trent's old room into and office/music room.  I put my old crafting tables in there to form an L shaped desk (until the budget allows for the purchase of a true corner desk).

 I just need to get the computer home and it will be complete!  I love that Spectrum is now allowing this to happen, not just for the full time employees, but for us part timers as well!  No more getting up at 5!   And no more driving!  Goes right in with the saving money theme I have going on for this month!

This will also be a music room, for the time being.  I have moved my keyboard up there (still need to get some lessons going).    I will be moving this to the other side of the room (once I finish cleaning out Trent's stuff).

Other instruments I have in there are a couple of guitars (one needs to be taken out of the bag.  I want to try and mount them on the wall in the other corner if I can.  There is also a trumpet somewhere in the remaining mess of Trent's stuff, just have to find it.  I think this will turn out to be a really nice room!  I am going to move my glide rocker in here as well, as it is kind of crowed in my craft room. 

So far 2016 is turning out to be a good year!!



4 comments:

  1. It's always fun to 'recreate' a place at home for a new purpose :) Enjoy working at home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! I am looking forward to not having to drive to work anymore!!

      Delete
  2. Yeah for working at home! That is awesome! I didn't know you had a blog! You and I are a little scary! I've been cleaning downstairs in the area where I'm sitting up craft center and desk! I know! So much junk to get rid of but I need a good place to work and journal.....it's not happening upstairs for me right now. I'm so happy for you to work from home.....that is a blessing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, had the blog for some time now. This room, will be a good place to have some devotion time as well! Great mind - kindred spirits!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!