Monday, February 29, 2016

Daybook & Happy Homemaker Monday

 photo simple-woman-daybook-large_zpsc83krfbg.jpg
The Simple Woman's Daybook is back at it's original home, The Simple Woman's blog. REMEMBER if you are linking up you will need to change your link from the old one to the new one. Thank you! (If you are new to the daybook you can go to this link to read over the guidelines.)

I am also linking up with Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

For Today... February 29th, 2016 Its Leap Day!!

Outside my window...Its 34 degrees right now, with a high of 41 for today. Its very windy out today...with snow on the horizon! Ugh... the weather for the week:

I am thinking... about how I want to rearrange the living room, to make room for the desk. We have some configuring to do to make the modem work for both our desk top computer and my work computer that I need to put in an upstairs bedroom.

I am wearing... yoga pants and a black hoodie

I am creating... I am working on some crochet projects, a little at a time. My thumb/wrist still hurts, but I can at least work for a little bit each day. I need/want to finish this baby afghan that I just started for a friend, that I will be going to see the end of April.....then back to the Christmas afghan. This is the baby afghan I am working on (I have 5 squares of the light pink color, and 1.5 of the cream colored squares done and all of the daisies done)

I am going... to the store later, in search of a ethernet cable that will be long enough to do what I am envisioning for out modem hookups!

I am reading... Still searching for a new book to read

On my TV..... When Calls the Heart

I am hoping... that we don't get much snow with the next round of snow in our forecast!

In my kitchen... Menu for the week:
Monday ~ sketti, garlic bread and a salad
Tuesday ~ minestrone soup and homemade bread
Wednesday ~ breakfast - eggs, toast, sausage, hashbrowns, oranges
Thursday ~ pizza
Friday ~ nachos
Saturday ~ burgers and fries
Sunday ~ steak, baked potato and a salad

Side note: Saturday I decided to make those lasagna rolls ups I posted last week, and oh my!! They were so yummy!! I am going to put this into rotation quite frequently!

A favorite quote for today...


A peek into one of my days... This was my Saturday - hair coloring session


A few plans for the rest of the week:
Monday ~ laundry, housework, gym, running some errands, crochet
Tuesday ~ gym, cleaning the upstairs (I really need to do this today ~still!)
Wednesday ~ work
Thursday ~ work
Friday ~ cleaning and vegging
Saturday ~ hanging out with the hubby
Sunday ~ church, then home to veg with my hubby

From the board... From my Nail Designs board. Pretty purple nails is the design I am going with for my upcoming vacation!


To read more Daybooks, please stop by THE SIMPLE WOMAN blog.

I am also linking up with Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

12 comments:

  1. Hope your weather isn't too awful. I keep bracing for our weather to switch again. Your hair color is pretty! I also like the nail designs. Hope you have a wonderful week and good luck on your furniture rearranging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow started over night...we are up again about 3 inches or so...and its still coming down! I think I have the living room the way I want it...now to get the desk in place to see how that goes... thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Love the hair color! I also love the way you have it styled. Yours is the second blog to be having spaghetti for dinner!! Hope you have a wonderful week, Jodi!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I am debating on the growing it out process.... right now its at that stage I dislike very much and want to go see my hair gal and cut it again...but the appeal to have longer hair again is so strong! LOL Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Wouldn't you know it! We're having spaghetti and homemade meatballs with garlic bread and tossed mixed green salad tonight too! The meatballs are mixed with beef, barley, onion, pepper, celery, and seasonings...and are baking in the oven right now. I "hide" veggies in anything I can! LOL (My kids' friend sometimes won't even eat my brownies because they're actually chocolate zucchini bars.) Oh, great new hair color. I just picked up some dye too, but just the usual light natural brown. I'm so wild! LOL I did bleach and then dye my son's hair "electric blue" a few days ago. Oh, my! He loves it though! (And it's just hair, right?) You should see my poor nails. :sigh: Hobby farm life is not for pretty nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm homemade meatballs! I need to make some soon! Blue hair... cool! I used to hide the veggies in things as well when the boys were little. Oh the things us moms do to get them to eat their veggies!! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Cute nails idea! And fun hair color. That hair and nail (and shoe) gene skipped a generation when it came to me. I am not opposed to it at all. I am just stuffy I suppose. Glad someone has fun!!! Your menu reminds me how often I see breakfast for dinner and then forget to plan it for us here. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love have breakfast for dinner! Mmmmm! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I love When Calls the Heart can't believe I had not heard of it before Netflix. Hope your Living room arrangement works out. have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of it before either! Love it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I love your hair! And the nails! I hope your thumb recovers fully soon! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am hoping the thumb will heal up enough while on vacation, so I can get back to working on my projects faithfully...not the hit or miss as it is right now. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!