Monday, February 22, 2016

Daybook and Happy Homemaker Monday

 photo simple-woman-daybook-large_zpsc83krfbg.jpg
The Simple Woman's Daybook is back at it's original home, The Simple Woman's blog. REMEMBER if you are linking up you will need to change your link from the old one to the new one. Thank you! (If you are new to the daybook you can go to this link to read over the guidelines.)

I am also linking up with Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

For Today... February 22nd, 2016

Outside my window...Its 28 degrees right now, with a high of 39 for today. Its going to be a cloudy day..... the weather for the week:

I am thinking... I need to get up and get moving, so I can get everything done today so I can play/veg out for the rest of the day!

I am thankful... for the wonderful weekend I had with my husband and boys.

I am wearing... fleece jammie pants and a pink fleece zip up jacket - I need to go get on my gym clothes.

I am creating... I am working on some crochet projects, a little at a time. My thumb/wrist still hurts, but I can at least work for a little bit each day. I need/want to finish this baby afghan that I just started for a friend, that I will be going to see the end of April.....then back to the Christmas afghan. This is the baby afghan I am working on (I have 5 squares of the light pink color, and 1.5 of the cream colored squares done and all of the daisies done) :
Photo credit


I am going... to they gym in a few, then home for a quick shower, then off to Best Buy for them to look at my camera and get a new SD card.

I am reading... Just finished Candace's book, it was a great read! Now to find something new to start.

On my TV..... I am watching Madam Secretary

I am hoping... that they guys at Best Buy can tell me what I am doing wrong with my camera, as I really want it work for me when we go on vacation next month!

In my kitchen... Menu for the week:
Monday ~ trout, rice and some sort of veggie
Tuesday ~ burritos
Wednesday ~ breakfast - eggs, toast, sausage, hashbrowns, oranges
Thursday ~ pizza
Friday ~ brats, beans and potato salad
Saturday ~ steak, baked potato and a salad
Sunday ~ pork chops, scalloped potatoes, corn and rolls (didn't make this last week)

A favorite quote for today...


A peek into one of my days... The many faces we get of Lici after she plays hard


A few plans for the rest of the week:
Monday ~ laundry, housework, gym, trip to Best Buy, crochet
Tuesday ~ gym, cleaning the upstairs (I really need to do this today!)
Wednesday ~ work
Thursday ~ work
Friday ~ grocery shopping, cleaning and vegging
Saturday ~ hanging out with the hubby
Sunday ~ church, then home to veg with my hubby

From the board... From my Mmmmm lets eat board. Lasanga roll ups will have to go on the menu for next week!
Photo credit

To read more Daybooks, please stop by THE SIMPLE WOMAN blog.

I am also linking up with Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

16 comments:

  1. Those lasagna roll ups look good. Funny, I have lasagna on my menu for this week. Love your quote, so much truth there. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its been awhile since I have made lasagna, and the hubs has been asking for it. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. That is one super cute baby blanket! I shouldn't look...LOL I already have 2 super HUGE blankets started. I don't need another project! LOL Isn't it the truth about being able to stay home and not do anything? Well, maybe crochet and sip hot cocoa and binge watch some reality TV...for me. It's nice to have those "slow days". Funny dog! LOL Those roll ups look good. I'm a lazy cook. I just through the oven ready noodles in the dish, top with cheese and sauce, repeat a couple more times. Anything too labor-involved doesn't happen. Maybe some day I'll be inspired because the food looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hot cocoa, crocheting and binge watching shows sounds awesome! I have 3 afghans going right now...insane! LOL Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I can really associate with the quote of the day.... I get to the place that I really need to plan something in order to give myself the ambition to do somwthing smart... My bad!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all need some quiet time to do nothing! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Oh boy those lasagna roll ups look yummy. you have such a cute dog! and your quote of the day is right on! enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first time I saw the link on my facebook for the lasagna roll ups, I drooled. I so can't wait to try then out! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Lasagna roll-ups are delicious! Love the baby blanket :) I hope you can stop by:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2016/02/happy-homemaker-monday-22216.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jodi! Sorry I didn't get to visit you last week. My granddaughter fell at school and hurt her knee one week after the ACL surgery. I got busy real quick after I posted because she needed help getting around. I just LOVE the blanket you are crocheting. What a pretty piece that will be. Lasagne looks real good to me right about now. We had another long day pf appointments and no supper yet. Hope you get the camera help you need. Fingers crossed here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your granddaughter heals quickly! I got a phone call on Wednesday last week from my oldest, he was out in CA for work, and told me he broke his foot again. Not what I wanted to hear...with him on the other side of the country! luckily he was able to fly home with no complications! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. LOVE LOVE LOVE that baby blanket! And I really LOVE that quote for today. I have tried those Lasagna roll-ups and they are amazing - Enjoy! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know on the roll ups! I am working on my grocery list now for next week! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful baby blanket!It's always nice to "stumble" upon another believer's blog!Thanks for sharing :)
    http://rehashiongoodwillhuntress.webs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I will check out your site.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!