Monday, February 1, 2016

Daybook and Happy Homemaker Monday

 photo simple-woman-daybook-large_zpsc83krfbg.jpg
The Simple Woman's Daybook is back at it's original home, The Simple Woman's blog. REMEMBER if you are linking up you will need to change your link from the old one to the new one. Thank you! (If you are new to the daybook you can go to this link to read over the guidelines.)

I am also linking up with Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

For Today... February 1st, 2016

Outside my window...Its still dark out, 34 degrees. Its looking like a cloudy day all day, with the sun trying to peek out in the late afternoon. Not too bad for Feb. 1st!

I am thinking... that I need to get myself dressed and head to the gym.

I am thankful... for my hubby...his is my everything.

I am wearing... still in my pj's - but will be changing into some yoga pants and a tshirt

I am creating... I have two projects in the works, the C2C afghan, and just started on some "african flower" granny squares for a Christmas gift for my aunt. The pic below is how one square will look, and then the other will be the opposite, with a white flower and a blue border. When I put them all together, it will have a thin brown border to connect the squares. For the outer border it will have a thin border of blue, then white. I hope it turns out how I have it pictured in my mind.

I am going... to the gym, and a quick stop to the store to get a few things I forgot on Friday.

I am reading... Candace Cameron Bure's Dancing Through Life

On my TV..... I am watching Grease Live that I DVR'd last night.

I am hoping... that the next 29 days goes by smoothly, with my plan of "no spend" outside of the necessiaties.

In my kitchen... Menu for the week:
Monday ~ spaghetti and garlic bread
Tuesday ~ fish, rice and corn
Wednesday ~ eggs, sausage, hashbrowns, toast and oranges
Thursday ~ pizza
Friday ~ tacos
Saturday ~ not sure yet
Sunday ~ meatballs, redskin potates and green beans

A favorite quote for today...

A peek into one of my days... Out with my love

One of my favorite things... finding free patterns, or ones deeply discounted

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Monday ~ laundry, housework, crocheting, gym, errands
Tuesday ~ gym, crocheting, organizing/cleaning out the craft room...closet is the first area
Wednesday ~ work
Thursday ~ work
Friday ~ grocery shopping, errands, more organizing, vegging with the hubby
Saturday ~ working on the kitchen cabinet doors, they are all back in place, time for a coat of paint
Sunday ~ church, a lazy Sunday afternoon nap, then prepping for the Superbowl

From the board... From my Mission get skinny board. A new shake I am going to try - Banana Bread flavor
Photo credit

To read more Daybooks, please stop by THE SIMPLE WOMAN blog.

I am also linking up with Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

21 comments:

  1. That banana bread shake sounds interesting! I sure miss the Michigan snow, but not those temperatures! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shake wasn't to bad. I would love to "miss" the snow... someday the hubby will move me away!

      Delete
  2. I just got back from the gym. I feel so much better now that I've got that in for the day :) I have an African flower wip. I really like that pattern. Have a great week and I hope you can stop by:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2016/02/happy-homemaker-monday-2116.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought to have meatballs with potatoes and green beans, but now it sounds so good, I'll have to work it into a meal plan! Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't made meatballs in a long time, they were sounding so yummy!

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness! I have not seen the African flower before. That is a beautiful crochet idea! Your date night photo looks so happy. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a quick thing to crochet.... don't even have to look at the pattern now. Can't wait to get it all done and stitched together!

      Delete
  5. I can't believe you're already thinking about next Christmas! But the afghan will be absolutely beautiful. Best wishes for your "only the necessities" shopping this month ~ what a great thing to challenge oneself with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to stay ahead of the game...I usually get so many orders from others, and all of my stuff gets put on the back burners, and I am rushing to get them done it time.... so my stuff first this year! LOL

      Delete
  6. I wish I knew how to crochet! I've tried, but can't "get it". I knit though!
    I agree with you - I love (and appreciate) all the free patterns that designers give us!

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started knitting, but find crocheting to go so much faster. I still prefer the look of knit over crochet though.

      Delete
  7. I love your quote!! Yes!! And the granny square is gorgeous. I can't wait to see the finished product. Happy Week ahead to you Jodi!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now, its on hold, my thumb gave out on my last night, so in a brace it is for a few weeks... bummer!

      Delete
  8. that's a great quote! I'm actually doing that tonight once I finish up some housework (I'm a special educator so work in a kindergarten classroom all day....:) and I SAVOR alone time. Your menu sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoyed your quiet alone time!!!

      Delete
  9. A granny square sunburnt pattern is on my list to crochet someone. I'll have to check back when you connect all the squares. I've seen so many ways to do that on You Tube. I say work out in pjs! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it turns out how I have it envisioned in my head!

      Delete
  10. I loved Grease Live! Way better than I thought

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!