Monday, January 4, 2016

Daybook

 photo simple-woman-daybook-large_zpsc83krfbg.jpg
The Simple Woman's Daybook is back at it's original home, The Simple Woman's blog. REMEMBER if you are linking up you will need to change your link from the old one to the new one. Thank you! (If you are new to the daybook you can go to this link to read over the guidelines.)

There will be now be one monthly link-up posted on the first Monday of each month. You are free to post a new daybook link here for each daybook you write at your blog, whether that is once a month or if you daybook daily...it does not matter. It is what works best for you. Just please keep the link back to The Simple Woman's Daybook in tact and in view in the body of your post so other's can find us. Thank you for continuing to do this very important step!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

For Today... January 4th, 2016

Outside my window...Its cold, and a dreary gray day looking kind of day. Winter has definitely settled in!

I am thinking... about all of the changes that are going to be taking place this year!

I am thankful... for my job and the upcoming transition of me being able to do it from home!

I am wearing... black yoga pants, a blue tank top and a black zip up jacket.

I am creating... a couple of afghans, one for my hubby, and then one for my Aunt for Christmas (we drew names at Christmas for the upcoming holiday, and I got her. So I am getting a jump start, so I am not crammed for time at the end of the year; like usual! LOL

I am going... to the gym in a little while, to meet with a trainer... to kickstart my new lifestyle change!

I am reading... Right now, I am reading Proverbs for the month.

I am hoping... that I can keep focused and follow through with my workout routine I have planned out!

I am learning... to ask for help...so not in my nature... but I am working on that area in my life.

In my garden... nothing at the moment... everything is covered in snow.

In my kitchen... Menu for the week:
Monday ~ breakfast - shake, lunch - shake, dinner - spaghetti, garlic bread and a salad
Tuesday ~ breakfast - shake, lunch - shake, dinner - pork chops, rice and mixed veggies
Wednesday ~ breakfast - shake, lunch - grilled chicken salad, dinner - shake (me), leftovers for the hubby
Thursday ~ breakfast - shake, lunch - grilled chicken salad, dinner - breakfast for the hubby
Friday ~ breakfast - shake, lunch - shake, dinner - chicken fried rice and egg rolls
Saturday ~ breakfast - shake, lunch - shake, dinner - date night ~ not sure what yet
Sunday ~ breakfast - shake, lunch - shake, dinner - pot roast (tater, carrots)


A favorite quote for today...


A peek into one of my days...


One of my favorite things... Finding a great deals on things that I love... this sign sums up my new life motto
 

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Monday ~ laundry, cleaning, going to the gym, crocheting
Tuesday ~ going to the gym, running some errands, crocheting
Wednesday ~ work
Thursday ~ work
Friday ~ groceries, going to the gym, errands, meeting a friend to deliver a hat she ordered, crocheting
Saturday ~ helping my hubby with his car repair, and hopefully going out for dinner and a movie
Sunday ~ church, and home to veg


From the board room... From my Projects for the hubby board. This is the next project I want my hubby to make, trash can cabinet.
photo credit
Post Script

To read more Daybooks, please stop by THE SIMPLE WOMAN blog.


8 comments:

  1. your dog is so adorable in front of that tree and its been grey here too..... (in So Louisiana)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That is the first time in a long time that she actually posed for a pic... she usually runs when the camera comes out!

      Delete
  2. I love the project you have planned for your husband!! And I am more than impressed that you are starting on Christmas 2016 already!! Happy New Year Jodi!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been wanting one of these trash bin hiders for a long time... hopefully it will get done this year (now that he has finally finished the kitchen cabinets and countertops!).

      As for Christmas....if I don't do it now, I will be stressing out by the end of the year!

      Delete
  3. I love the quote you shared! Good to remember. I decided to spread out my Christmas knitting too! Wishing you a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Proverbs - my favorite! Wisdom for everything and anything! All the best with your lifestyle changes. I want to make some of those here too! Not so much the GYM part, but daily walking in the woods with my daughter...when the snow isn't too high or the temperature too low (such as single digits). I've now got 2 afghans going and another I need to order yarn for. And when I need to break from them, I hope to make hats and mittens and ornaments for Christmas 2016. I still have leftover yarn from last month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your Daybook post. I would like to get back to blogging more regularly, and doing the occasional Daybook entry too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that sign! Great motto for the New Year =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!