Monday, January 25, 2016

Daybook and Happy Homemaker Monday

 photo simple-woman-daybook-large_zpsc83krfbg.jpg
The Simple Woman's Daybook is back at it's original home, The Simple Woman's blog. REMEMBER if you are linking up you will need to change your link from the old one to the new one. Thank you! (If you are new to the daybook you can go to this link to read over the guidelines.)

I am also linking up with Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

For Today... January 25th, 2016

Outside my window...Its partly sunny and a "balmy" 30 degrees....a nice little warm up for the last week of January!

I am thinking... I might want to rejoin Thirty One...I have to weigh out the pros/cons again..but if I have enough people who are interested, and can get some parites lined up (online FB ones seem to be the the thing to do right now) I may just do it!

I am thankful... for friends, and the fun times we have...especially over the weekend!

I am wearing... my blue jeggings, a long lightweight hoodie

I am creating... I finished the baby sleep sack (well just need to add the buttons first), and am now back to working on the C2C afghan for my husband in the Detroit Lion colors.

I am going... to the gym, got to get back into a routine! Then a few other stops.

I am reading... I am finishing up Proverbs, and then back to Candace's Dancing Through Life

On my TV..... I am catching up on The Blacklist. Then will be all caught up on things I have DVR'd over the last week!

I am hoping... that the plan I have for the month of February for a budget/get back on track will go over smoothly!

I am learning... that I need to stand firm in my decisions, and to now let others sway me in any other direction.

In my kitchen... Menu for the week:
Monday ~ steak, baked potato, corn and a salad
Tuesday ~ hamburgs and fries
Wednesday ~ breakfast, apple pancakes and sausage (didn't make this last week - again))
Thursday ~ pizza
Friday ~ soup of some kind...not sure yet
Saturday ~ date night - hopefully nothing stands in the way this time!
Sunday ~ Outback after church

A favorite quote for today...

A peek into one of my days... Good times with good friends

One of my favorite things... love spending time with friends

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Monday ~ laundry, housework, crocheting, gym, errands
Tuesday ~ gym, crocheting
Wednesday ~ work
Thursday ~ work
Friday ~ grocery shopping, errands, vegging with the hubby
Saturday ~ a little work in the house, then date night ~ dinner and a movie
Sunday ~ church, out for lunch, home to veg then the Women's Fellowship at night

From the board room... From my Knitting and Crocheting board. This is on my "to make" list
Photo credit

To read more Daybooks, please stop by THE SIMPLE WOMAN blog.

I am also linking up with Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

16 comments:

  1. Great plans. Have a good week. I want those socks!
    I'm following you. I linked my post at HHM too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still on the hunt for the yarn. I don't want to order online, but its looking like I might have to. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I am so behind on my DVR'd shows and sadly I don't even care! I think my next afghan might be a C2C. We'll see :) I hope you can stop by:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2016/01/happy-homemaker-monday-12516.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done one C2C for my oldest son, and love how it turned out. Can't wait to finish this one! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I love what is on your "to make" list. My granddaughters would love those! You have a busy week ahead with a wonderful menu! Have a good week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the pattern won't be to hard to figure out! Its been a while since I have knitted. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Wow! The sock are fabulous! I checked the link, hit translate and enjoyed reading the post. Might have to be on a grammy's to so list, too! Outback after church sounds yummy. I haven't been to Outback since the day before my granddaughter got her braces put on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love browsing her blog, so very cool!! Let me know if you attempt the socks! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Those socks are too cool! Can you make me a pair? ;)
    Need your recipe for apple pancakes, please and thank you!!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I have had several to ask me to make them a pair... I am thinking not, as the yarn itself is going to be expensive, then the time put into making them. Not sure you will like the price tag. LOL And as for the pancakes.... I cheat, its a apple muffin mix that has a recipe on the back of the package to make as pancakes. I think its by Betty Crocker or is it Martha White. I will let you know on Wed, when I make them (too lazy to get up and go look in the pantry! Ha) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I don't think I'll ever catch up on the DVR list, I'm trying but goodness lol

    Love the socks, I may have to check out the pattern myself, those are adorable. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its been so cold here, so all I want to do is snuggle under the blanket with the pup and binge on shows! LOL. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I saw your photos of your weekend on Facebook, it looks like you had such a great time! I have been seeing those socks floating around on my newsfeed a few times, and I think they are incredible! I am just learning to crochet, a baby blanket for my grandson who will be arriving in April, and I must say...I am LOVING it! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great time! Love spending time with friends!! A new baby.. how fun!!! And yay for learning to crochet! And double yay for being back to blogging!!

      Delete
  8. Those crochet knee socks are simply to die for!

    I'm borrowing that quote about having faith... I needed that today.

    Hope your week is going great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still looking for some sock yarn, so I can start working on them! Have a great week!!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!