Sunday, October 4, 2015

Weekend in review

Photobucket


Weekend rewind. If you want to play along, grab the above button and tell me all about your weekend!

Friday ~ I had John's car, as his brakes were making a horrible grinding sound....it was just safer for him to take my truck to work, as I only had to go out for groceries. I worked on crochet projects for the day. Once John got home, he mowed the lawn and got things ready for him to do his brakes first thing in the morning.

Saturday ~ I made us some turnovers for breakfast, then John went to work on his brakes. After we had dinner we cleared out the kitchen (again), and got ready to start the countertops! Still fearing the unknown.. but you have to start somewhere!

I am so very pleased with how they turned out!!
 photo 69124cd9-fe8c-4959-ab22-06b777ef7a78_zps29gmvifa.jpg

I also have a video of us working on it:


Sunday ~ church in the morning, then lunch at Bud n Stanely's, a little shopping at Goodwill; then I went to Walmart to pick up an area rug that I found on clearance. After a brief nap, we went back to work in the kitchen. After a light sanding, we started putting on the polyurethane. Its going to take several coats I do believe. We are putting the sink back in place, as I can't go much longer without running water in the kitchen!

Let me know if you play along.

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.


10d735f2-6a3c-4c3d-888a-bc03564c2d63_zpscbcbf448

1 comment:

  1. Very cool on the countertop re-do! I never dreamed you could change it like that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!