Monday, September 14, 2015

Daybook

 photo simple-woman-daybook-large_zpsc83krfbg.jpg
The Simple Woman's Daybook is back at it's original home, The Simple Woman's blog. REMEMBER if you are linking up you will need to change your link from the old one to the new one. Thank you! (If you are new to the daybook you can go to this link to read over the guidelines.)

There will be now be one monthly link-up posted on the first Monday of each month. You are free to post a new daybook link here for each daybook you write at your blog, whether that is once a month or if you daybook daily...it does not matter. It is what works best for you. Just please keep the link back to The Simple Woman's Daybook in tact and in view in the body of your post so other's can find us. Thank you for continuing to do this very important step!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


For Today... Sept 14th, 2015

Outside my window...The skies are blue and the sun is shining. There is a chill in the air though, only 52 out, with a high of 70 in the forecast.

I am thinking... about how the countertops are going to turn out. Will be like them, or will we cringe? We are in the process of a kitchen makeover, and the countertops are next on the to do list.

I am wearing... black yoga pants, a black tshirt, and about to go get a sweatshirt.

I am creating... lots of fun things for the craft show.

I am going... to Home Depot and Walmart in a bit. I have to find a small hand held spread to use when we are ready to sprinkle the paint chip things on the counter! And Wally World, just because...and maybe a stop at Dollar Tree.

I am wondering... about a friend. She is going through some things, and I just want to go visit with her, but our schedules aren't lining up for me to make a trip down there.

I am reading...
 photo abb8d47b-fb9c-4d9c-aa32-944fa13e80ef_zps8tguo7g9.jpg

Candace Cameron Bure's book Dancing Through Life

I am learning... that as the older I get, doing house project with the hubby, we don't get into to many arguments like in the past. Kind of refreshing!

In my kitchen... Menu for the week:
Monday ~ mostaccioli, garlic bread and a salad
Tuesday ~ burritos
Wednesday ~ breakfast, apple cinnamon pancakes, sausage and bacaon
Thursday ~ pizza
Friday ~ burgers and fries
Saturday ~ Chinese

A favorite quote for today...
 photo b425f881-2f58-4a93-8078-97527ef8413f_zpsr5bc6x4e.jpg

A peek into one of my days... She loves her daddy
 photo 9c25b32e-e292-4cbf-8318-e91130001efd_zpsi4cfpbmu.jpg

One of my favorite things... warm cozy sweatshirts on a cool, crisp, Fall day.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Monday ~ laundry, housework, prepping countertops
Tuesday ~ crocheting and vegging from the long house project weekend
Wednesday ~ work
Thursday ~ work
Friday ~ grocery shopping, and maybe girls night
Saturday ~ a little kitchen work, then its off to Detroit for a Tiger's game with the hubby
Sunday ~ church (if we don't stay the night in Detroit), then back to working on the kitchen

To read more Daybooks, please stop by THE SIMPLE WOMAN blog.


10d735f2-6a3c-4c3d-888a-bc03564c2d63_zpscbcbf448

12 comments:

  1. Haha, I love how you've noticed there are fewer arguments with the hubby when working on things together now than in the past! I was just thinking about the same thing the other day. It IS refreshing!!

    I like how you've posted your menu plan and to-do lists for the week. I may adopt that format in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heading to Tiger Town, eh? Sounds like fun! Such a great quote. It's good to see what the tough times have made of us. I wish the best for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dog is absolutely adorable! I agree about working together better as your older - we just finished turning our house upside down and it all went smoothly and calmly. I think maybe because I listen better? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your quote... and your favorite thing this week is also one of my favorite things! What a sweet dog... impossible not to spoil her rotten, I'm sure! :)
    Hope you have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that quote. It was the same with Richard and I as we got older. More agreement. Less arguing about simple things. Hope you have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so nice when we can make decisions together with husband without getting heated over it.

    My husband and I have almost always been on the same page financially, so even when we've only had a little money, we haven't fought about it very often. And usually we are on the same page with design things when it comes to the house--but we feel it when we're not. It was helpful to me to read your blog as we are also facing big changes--although for us, it is a house rather than a kitchen change. This morning I am realizing that our relationship matters more than paint colours, or furniture designs. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that the Tigers win!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, love the pooch, but she can be a stinker at times!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. She definitely is spoiled!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It really does makes things much more enjoyable when you don't argue about them!! Hope your week is a good one!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad I could be helpful! And our relationships are much more important and any silly paint colors!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!