Saturday, August 1, 2015

I was nominated for an award!

 photo LeibsterfromWendy_zpsmwxgyfpe.png


My new Canadian friend Ellie from Honeysuckle Hollow nominated me for this awesome award! Thank you so much Ellie!!

What is a Liebster award? you ask. Basically, a Liebster Award is given to small bloggers (usually with less than 1,000 followers) by other small bloggers. It’s kind of like paying it forward. It’s where small bloggers give each other recognition (by way of nomination or Thanks) in hopes of gaining more followers by nominating other small bloggers and getting mentioned on their blogs.

Those who are nominated for this award must also follow a few simple rules. These are as follows:

  • Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog

  • Display the Liebster Award badge on your blog.

  • Answer 11 questions about yourself.  These are provided by the person who nominated you.

  • Share 11 random facts about yourself  if you wish.  This is optional but fun.

  • Nominate 5 or more bloggers with less than a thousand followers who you believe deserve this reward.

  • Create a new list of 11 questions for your nominees.

  • Notify your nominees.



Let me tell you 11 random facts about me to get you started:
1. I love thrift store shopping.
2. I am a neat freak. Nothing can be out of place, or put in the wrong place.
3. I hate winter, and would really, really love to move out of Michigan.
4. I am a reality TV junkie.
5. I dip my chips in ketchup.
6. I don't like to get ice in my fountain pop, and for some reason McDonald's taste the best to me.
7. If I can't get past the smell of something I won't eat it. This drives John nuts.
8. I love wearing flip flops! I have a very large collection of them.
9. I am obsessed with infinity scarves.
10. I love to crochet an knit, its very relaxing.
11. I love to bake and cook.

Here are the questions that I am required to answer:

1. If you could get rid of one of your habits, what would it be? my quick temper

2. What sound do you hate hearing? whining

3. What is your favorite fragrance? Right now its White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor that my hubby got me for Christmas.

4. What is your favorite season and why? Fall - I love all the smells, wearing hoodies, pumpkin pie...mmmmm

5. Name 3 things you want to learn how to do. piano (in progress), how to sew and paint (those canvas paint thingy's)

6. What was your favorite toy as a child? my Barbies

7. What character traits do you value most in people? honesty, caring, loyalty

8. What is your favorite dessert? cheesecake

9. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Italy

10. Do you have a favorite saying? Put on your Big Girl Panties and Deal with It!

11. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? Black Cherry... and from Coldstone Creamery (love this place, just a little pricey - Apple Pie ala Coldstone

Here are my nominees. I hope you enjoy visiting their blogs as much as I do.

1. Danielle at Finally Finding Me.
2. Jessy at Our Side of the Mountain.
3. Becky at Sweetly B Squared
4. Willow at Willow's Wishes
5. Donna at Daisypoet..the words behind the life


1. What inspired you to start a blog?
2. How did you come up with the name for your blog?
3. What is the biggest challenge when it comes to your blog?
4. What is the best and worst meal you ever made?
5. Where do you find the inspiration for your posts?
6. What do you do when you try a new recipe and it doesn't work out?
7. What regional food do you enjoy cooking the most?
8. What 3 words describe you best?
9. When you dine at a restaurant do you order something you would like to make or an old favorite?
10. When you have a bad day, what normally makes you feel better?
11. Other than blogging, what is your favorite hobby?

10d735f2-6a3c-4c3d-888a-bc03564c2d63_zpscbcbf448

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!