Monday, August 17, 2015

Daybook

The Simple Woman's Daybook is back at it's original home, The Simple Woman's blog. REMEMBER if you are linking up you will need to change your link from the old one to the new one. Thank you!


(If you are new to the daybook you can go to this link to read over the guidelines.)


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~





For Today... August 17th, 2015

Outside my window... The sun is shining, its hot and muggy.

I am thinking... that I can't leave my hubby home by himself for a long weekend anymore. It made more work for me upon my return. I am grateful that he started the kitchen cabinets, but what a mess! Its been a busy, busy morning here with all of the cleaning. The cabinets:
 photo 8b09d3c9-9bc6-419a-932e-0f382ae24380_zpswjn5hn9s.jpg

I am thankful... for my time away this weekend (even if it made more work for me (see above).

I am wearing... jean shorts and a blue tank top

I am creating... dish cloths, dish towels, cup/mug cozies, rice heating bags, and doll clothes

I am going... to the grocery store (done), no where else today, as I have lots of laundry and cleaning to do today

I am wondering... how we are going to do the counter top in the kitchen...do we get a custom order size, or go with the standard size and modify the lower cupboards.

I am reading... at the moment, nothing.

I am hoping... that things go smoothly for my hubby at work today after being on vacation last week.

In my kitchen... Menu for the week:
Monday ~ sketti and garlic bread
Tuesday ~ breakfast - eggs, sausage, hashbrowns and toast
Wednesday ~ mac-n-cheese and kielbasa
Thursday ~ pizza
Friday ~ deluxe nachos
Saturday ~ out maybe

A favorite quote for today...
 photo 6d9574a2-5ca2-46f6-aff2-a974bc8d904b_zps5dywcxar.jpg

A peek into one of my days... or rather my long weekend. (more details info about the pictures can be found here
 photo 7de69115-86c1-44fb-8cef-681ef06c37b8_zpsfyax6mo3.jpg
 photo 83e719d7-0f78-4058-bbfe-39770535b179_zpsyqqr5sog.jpg
 photo 2c4281e2-2c0b-4d52-a7df-01184e3d0b6b_zpsw4dg48yc.jpg

One of my favorite things... a yarn shop, that happens to be owned by one of my favorite authors!
 photo 554460a2-8037-4ea6-90c4-17d3fb766a4a_zpszrhgvnlg.jpg

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Monday ~ groceries (for this week, small), laundry, cleaning, organizing and doing some videos
Tuesday ~ videos (if I didn't get to them on Monday)
Wednesday ~ work
Thursday ~ work
Friday ~ groceries, light housework
Saturday ~ spending time with the hubby
Sunday ~ church and then not sure what else

From the board room... From my Yummy Desserts, Cookies and Treats board.
 photo 7345c209e72d4f98336ad06bdce7b768_zpsb2vw8oww.jpg>
photo credit


Post Script I am trying out Stitch fix as I was given a free credit for the $20 start up. My first box arrived today, and I am anxiously waiting to open up the box to see wht the stylist sent me to try on!!

To read more Daybooks, please stop by THE SIMPLE WOMAN blog.


10d735f2-6a3c-4c3d-888a-bc03564c2d63_zpscbcbf448

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fun trip!

    Are you going to blog your stitch fix? I love reading the reviews. Maybe someday I will be able to try it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a video of the unboxing of it, that will be posted here, along with a written review of it. It should be posted sometime today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your post. Looks like your weekend away was fun. Would love to see your stitchfx clothes. I always wonder how someone else would choose clothes for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!