Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: I Miss You (1997)
... because Smellyann suggested it
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In this song, Bjork knows what she's looking for in a mate, she just hasn't met him yet. If you are/were still looking for The One, what two qualities would you hope he/she possessed? Loyalty and compassion and I have that it my guy!!
2) The lyrics ask if you believe "that a dream can come true." Do you believe that dreams come true if you wish hard enough? I do
3) Bjork turns 50 this year. Do you treat "milestone" birthdays differently? Or to you, is your age just a number? We do them up differently.... go a little more overboard on them.
4) Bjork was always highly musical. At the tender age of 6 she began studying classical piano and flute. Sam is impressed because at the age of 6, she was still trying to master tying her shoes. Do you consider yourself musical? not really.... I am trying my hand at learning the piano, but its not really clicking with me.
5) She was born and raised in Reykjavik, Iceland. While the city is known for its bar scene, beer was banned there until 1995. How often do drink beer? never, don't like the taste of it.
6) 66ºNORTH is one of Iceland's biggest employers. This clothier makes quality outdoor wear and this time of year they sell a lot of durable rainwear. Do you have a raincoat? I do not
7) In 1997, when this song was popular in clubs, Titanic was popular in theaters. Sam saw it and yes, she cried. How about you? Have you seen the saga of Jack and Rose? Did you enjoy it? I never got into Titanic, only watched pieces of it here and there. Never watched it from start to finish.
8) Also in 1997, singer John Denver died. Name a John Denver song. Take me Home Country Roads
9) Random question: If you had the opportunity to sky dive, would you take it? No, I am afraid of heights, and the fear of falling scares the crap out of me!