Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: You're No Good (1974)
... because Harriet suggested Linda Ronstadt
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This week's featured artist, Linda Ronstadt, turns 69 next month. Will you be celebrating any family/friend birthdays this summer? yep, my mother inlaw, uncle inlaw, father inlaw and my hubby's)
2) Linda sings that she's learned her lesson and it's left a scar. Tell us how you got one of your scars. childbirth
3) This song is about a lover who is, obviously, no good. Let's be more positive. Who is the nicest person you know? my mother inlaw
4) Linda says that she grew up on Mexican music, which was sung by her entire family. Do you speak any Spanish? very little
5) She toured often throughout her career and is quoted as saying, "they haven't invented a word for that loneliness that everybody goes through on the road." Are you missing someone right now? yes
6) Ms. Ronstadt was once involved with George Lucas of Star Wars fame. Who is your favorite Star Wars character? I don't have any favorites - never got into the movies
7) In 1974, when this song was a hit, The Magic 8 Ball was still a top-seller at toy stores. It retailed for just $1.99, and promised that all you had to do was gaze at it, concentrate, and wait to learn your fate ... "if you dare!" If you could get an answer to one question about the future, what would you ask? will I ever win the lotto???
8)1974 is the year when Mikhail Baryshnikov defected to the United States. Have you ever been to the ballet? no
9) Random question: What's your shoe size? 7.5