Monday, June 8, 2015

Daybook

The Simple Woman's Daybook is back at it's original home, The Simple Woman's blog. REMEMBER if you are linking up you will need to change your link from the old one to the new one. Thank you!


(If you are new to the daybook you can go to this link to read over the guidelines.)


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~





For Today... June 8th, 2015

Outside my window... The sun is shining and birds are chirping.

I am thinking... that I have been quite productive so far this morning! The hubby left at 6:30 and I have been cleaning ever since, just now taking a break to eat and finish up this post. I have the last of 3 loads of laundry in the washer, hung up some pictures in my bedroom (only took 18 years!), moved dressers and cleaned under them (oh gross!)

I am thankful... for my church family and the time we got to spend together this past Saturday at the Whitecaps baseball game.

I am wearing... some capri yoga pants and a blue tank top

I am creating... I am making some rice heating pads, a few are ready for some customers, the others I am stock piling for a craft show this fall. I am also making a pair of sandals for a customer
 photo e4e073c1-e77c-4b6c-afc5-42592ede0fac_zpseoyvz2zi.jpg
 photo e58f32c6-b6bf-4346-989a-d02b74c5f9d1_zpsavpcbxrh.jpg

I am going... to JoAnn's in a bit to get another skein of white cotton yarn, and some sort of hard plastic that I can put in between some soles of the sandals I am creating to make them a little more sturdy.

I am wondering... about a few things, and hoping they will work out in our favor.

I am reading... nothing at the moment.

I am hoping... about the same things I am wondering about!

I am learning... that less is more...the more I purge things, the better I feel!

In my kitchen... Menu for the week:
Monday ~ spaghetti, garlic bread and a salad
Tuesday ~ burgers, potato and macaroni salads and fruit
Wednesday ~ leftovers
Thursday ~ pizza
Friday ~ subs, tater and macaroni salad and fruit
Saturday ~ not sure what I will make for John, as I will be at a friends for a BBQ

A favorite quote for today...
 photo 11b1a084-0bdc-44ef-83ff-6d069e88dd4d_zpsbfb9nzne.jpg


One of my favorite things... long Sunday afternoon naps, especially on a yucky/rainy day

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Monday ~ laundry and housework, crocheting
Tuesday ~ taking the dog to the groomers, working on crochet projects
Wednesday ~ work
Thursday ~ work
Friday ~ grocery shopping, light housework, hanging out at home with the hubby
Saturday ~ maybe some yard work, then over to a friends house for a BBQ
Sunday ~ church, out for lunch and vegging for the day

From the board room... From my How To's board. I want to make this for the back yard, with the help of my hubby!
 photo c81fc830-93e0-4f0e-96f5-a1d2dfc910b2_zpsfyofwpva.jpg

photo credit



To read more Daybooks, please stop by THE SIMPLE WOMAN blog.


10d735f2-6a3c-4c3d-888a-bc03564c2d63_zpscbcbf448

8 comments:

  1. I love the fire pit. Looks like it might be easy to make. Also, your rice heating pads are adorable. I have never seen any that are crocheted. And that quote is one to really take to heart. I hope your week is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rice heating pads! Now I'm going to have to search Pinterest for pattern ideas! LOL It likes like you used a star stitch? (I'm still learning all the basic and not-so-basic stitches!) That fire pit is really nice. We have fires here a lot. Nothing like a fire for a summer evening. (Helps keep the bugs away too!) Believe it or not, I use an old metal wheel barrow! Its the perfect size for a fire pit..and I can move it around to wherever we'd like to have a fire that night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rice bags, might need to order one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jodi! You can come over and help me clean once you are done there! I loved your photos on Facebook which you posted when you went to the ball game, that looked like a fun night. When I first scrolled down and saw the photos of the fire pit, I thought they were cake pieces, LOL! I think I need more sleep! The rice bags are amazing! I really need to learn to crochet! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That fire pit looks very cool and very doable. I might even be able to do it... well, with the help of my son's strong muscles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quote. And the fireplace. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Jodi, I really like your rice heating pads you are making. I am certain they will sell easily! Love the fire pit idea. I'll look forward to seeing yours when you and hubby do it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could be as organized and hard working as you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!