Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Strawberry shortcake

I am craving some yummy strawberry shortcake! I don't have any bisquick on hand or any Cool Whip, I was just getting ready to run out to the store, when the downpour had begun. I guess dessert for tonight will have to be put on hold until later in the week. Sigh.

 photo 1285680_zpsgdh1sdrg.jpg

Ingredients

strawberries, sliced
1/4 cup sugar
2 1/3 cups Original Bisquick® mix
1/2 cup milk
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup whipping cream

Directions
Heat oven to 425 degrees F. In large bowl, mix strawberries and 1/4 cup sugar; set aside.

In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk, 3 tablespoons sugar and the butter until soft dough forms. On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by 6 spoonfuls.

Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form.

Split warm shortcakes; fill and top with strawberries and whipped cream.

I will have to stop at the store on my way home from work tomorrow night so I can make this on Thursday (a rare day off, as I switched with a coworker so she could have a 3 day weekend for her anniversary).

10d735f2-6a3c-4c3d-888a-bc03564c2d63_zpscbcbf448

1 comment:

  1. This looks so good.
    How was your long weekend? Mine was lazy,all I basically did was clean inside since it rained all weekend LOL

    Hope you had a Fantastic one...

    Blessings,Renee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!