Saturday, May 23, 2015

Saturday 9


Battle Hymn of the Republic





Saturday 9: Battle Hymn of the Republic


(From the archives)


Memorial Day was introduced to honor the men and women who died while serving the in the United States Armed Forces. We want to make sure that message is not forgotten this weekend.

 

1) This recording was made live at St. Patrick's Cathedral, during Sen. Robert Kennedy's funeral. (Hear it here.) While both of Bobby's older brothers were decorated war heroes, he served too -- enlisting in the Navy in 1943. Are you a veteran? Are there veterans in your family? (We are grateful and want to hear about it.) I am not. There are several in the family who are, and several more who are serving now, one being my youngest son.

2) Memorial Day also kicks off the summer season. What's your favorite picnic food? any kind of salad: potato salad, pasta salad etc

3) Name a scent that reminds you of someone special in your life. lilac

4) When was the last time you had your hair cut or trimmed? a few weeks ago

5) Crazy Sam runs on Dunkin'. Are you loyal to a particular brand of coffee? I don't drink coffee

6) If money was no object, what home improvement would you like to make this summer? I would like to turn our deck into a three season room

7) What was the last thing you bought purely for your own enjoyment? scrapbook stuff for my new planner, can't wait for that to arrive so I can put my creative juices back to work!

8) When was the last time you rode a bike? last Summer, time to get it back out and ready for this Summer's riding adventures

9) Sam worries that many of her song selections reflect her decidedly Baby Boomer sensibilities. Is there a song or a performer that you'd like to see featured in a Saturday 9 this summer Colbie Caillat

10d735f2-6a3c-4c3d-888a-bc03564c2d63_zpscbcbf448

4 comments:

  1. I would like a three-season room, too. Our house is rather small and we could use one more room. Or maybe just less junk . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. A three-season room sounds divine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like you salad pics for a picnic

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a Lilac bush under my bedroom window and last week it was in bloom and it filled my bedroom with lilac. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!