Monday, May 11, 2015

Daybook

The Simple Woman's Daybook is back at it's original home, The Simple Woman's blog. REMEMBER if you are linking up you will need to change your link from the old one to the new one. Thank you!


(If you are new to the daybook you can go to this link to read over the guidelines.)


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~





For Today... May 11th, 2015

Outside my window... Oh how I long to sit out here at this time of day, when its still quiet. Its been rainy and damp for the last week; I just want to get out there and spruce up the deck and yard!
 photo 0f2d6838-a1ae-4988-abc6-cb6a96e85aa6_zpsxloicrg3.jpg

I am thinking... that I need to get up and get moving...lots of laundry to get to today (bedding and blankets always makes for a heavy day

I am thankful... for my boys. They have grown up into a couple of good looking, caring young men!
 photo 74e0c3c6-a5f5-4b6f-a0da-dbcce8359fc8_zpsoor1w642.jpg

I am wearing... blue capri yoga pants and a white/gray/purple/teal zip up hoodie

I am creating... crochet: same projects; putting my craft room together

I am going... to be doing some binge watching as my oldest hooked me up with lots of movies and some TV shows yesterday!

I am reading... nothing at the moment

I am hoping... that the weather is nice this week, as we need to get the lawn mowed, its turning into a jungle out there.

I am learning... that I just don't have the knack for making homemade bread. Last weeks try was a flop again! I guess its time I invest in a bread maker. I may have to look for one at a thrift store.

In my garden... nothing going on at the moment.

In my kitchen...
Menu for the week:
Monday ~ lasagna, garlic bread and a salad
Tuesday ~ leftovers
Wednesday ~ eggs, sausage, hash browns and toast
Thursday ~ pizza
Friday ~ hamburgs and fries
Saturday ~ something on the grill, not sure what yet

A favorite quote for today...
 photo a939dd55-eb9a-4bf5-aa97-a3a385c392db_zpsplpi8zsp.jpg

A peek into one of my days... What my Friday's look like when I get home from the grocery store from now until Fall ~ the kitty attacks the bag that has the strawberries in it.
 photo 7e416430-553d-4439-b753-3e58a5fbf28e_zpskr8xurno.jpg

One of my favorite things... I love this time of year, when we have fresh fruit. I will cut up a big bowl that will last us most of the week. For dinners and lunches. It will last longer now, as its just the hubby and I at home. watermelon, cantelope, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries and pineapple
 photo 16d9ea59-cbed-4276-8872-92127542ffb2_zpsmw71ef5r.jpg

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Monday ~ laundry and housework, possibly getting some highlights in my hair, painting in my craft room if my hubby gets my side units finished
Tuesday ~ painting if not done on Monday, working in my craft room
Wednesday ~ work
Thursday ~ work
Friday ~ grocery shopping, and highlights if not done on Monday, maybe girls night at my friends
Saturday ~ if weather is nice: yard work, maybe a bike ride with the hubby
Sunday ~ church, lunch, vegging with my hubby

From the board room... I love this recycled door use, from my craft board
 photo b1151a3e-4699-486e-80fe-0c4eebeec8e4_zpsqugomyzx.jpg

photo credit


Post Script... I have recently stumbled upon The Holderness family on youtube. Their videos are so funny!

To read more Daybooks, please stop by THE SIMPLE WOMAN blog.

8 comments:

  1. I love the way you wrote your Daybook post! The photos are awesome. I am right after you in the list. I need to plan ahead to have more photos. It just makes things more interesting.

    Have a terrific, productive week full of the love of God and family!

    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your seating area on the deck, looks peaceful! That fruit looks so good - I may have to go to the store today now! :)
    Have a great week...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jodi! Darn, sorry your bread didn't turn out! I started kneading the dough in my stand mixer with the dough hook, and it worked so much better! My wrists get too sore from kneading by hand. I love your deck, I hope you get some nice weather soon to get out there and enjoy it! Your sons are both very handsome, I hope the son that hurt his foot is feeling better. That door is amazing, really nice! I can't wait to see your craft room! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, that fruit salad looks so good! Your sons are such handsome young men. I think mine and yours must be the same age. I love having grown kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sons ARE handsome young men; love the quote you shared...the fruit salad looks delicious!

    Thanks for sharing on Simple Woman's Daybook!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daybook entry is full this week. I love that door. I need to find an old door to do that to! Your boys are very handsome. We used to have a bread machine. Richard loved making bread. And the bread made us so fat, we had to get rid of it. LOL! Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fruit bowl looks amazing! I love all the fresh fruit this time of the year :-)

    I hear you on the bread. I tried and could never get the knack of it. We have a bread machine that I use occasionally, but it's easier just to get it at the grocery store.

    Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~
    #SWD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fruit salad looks so fresh and delicious!

    Sorry your bread didn't turn out. I have a bread machine, works great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!