Monday, May 4, 2015

Daybook

The Simple Woman's Daybook is back at it's original home, The Simple Woman's blog. REMEMBER if you are linking up you will need to change your link from the old one to the new one. Thank you!


(If you are new to the daybook you can go to this link to read over the guidelines.)


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~




For Today... May 3rd, 2015

Outside my window... Its overcast, drizzily and 61°

I am thinking... that I should go find something for breakfast.

I am thankful... that my oldest didn't do more serious damage to his foot.
 photo cd098b00-bcd5-4f00-9881-9b1c99bf9ced_zpsjmftzsbk.jpg

I am wearing... black capri yoga pants and a purple top

I am creating... the same projects, an afghan and just about finished with the curtain! I also posted some quick items I made last week in this post ---> here

I am going... to be cooped up in the house all week, as its going to be a rainy week.

I am wondering... if by the weekend the weather will be nice again, as I want to do some planting and getting the landscape spruced up!

I am reading... nothing at the moment

I am hoping... that the this time around I will have success with the homemade bread I plan on making!

I am learning... that I don't need to be in control of everything all the time!

In my garden... I have the flower beds weeded, now to figure out what I want to put in there

In my kitchen... I am going to attempt to make homemade wheat bread..again.
Menu for the week:
Monday ~ pork chops, rice, corn and hopefully homemade wheat bread
Tuesday ~ spaghetti and garlic bread
Wednesday ~ eggs, sausage, hash browns and toast
Thursday ~ pizza
Friday ~ hamburgs and fries
Saturday ~ something on the grill, not sure what yet

A favorite quote for today...
 photo 3242bba2e634af9dab7be5595cae5dc5_zpsngkqqfx5.jpg

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Monday ~ laundry and housework
Tuesday ~ getting a few groceries for my oldest, hoping this isn't going to be a weekly thing for the next 4-6 wks with his broken foot
Wednesday ~ work
Thursday ~ work
Friday ~ if its not raining, working in the yard
Saturday ~ borrowing Trent's truck and clearing out the garage and making a dump run
Sunday ~ church, lunch (hopefully out), visiting with my mother inlaw

From the board room... from my Yummy desserts, cookies and treats board. I am thinking this is what I want to make for dessert for Sunday (Mother's Day)

 photo 8845ed06-8b89-461c-afed-6db34e8dac07_zpsfvt7cvhx.jpg
 

photo credit
Post Script... I just started following this blog, and I love reading her posts. A Cup Full of Sass

To read more Daybooks, please stop by THE SIMPLE WOMAN blog.


10d735f2-6a3c-4c3d-888a-bc03564c2d63_zpscbcbf448

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jodi,

    I'm visiting from Simple Woman's Daybook. Sorry to hear about your son's foot, I hope he is feeling better soon! That dessert looks amazing and has totally distracted me....lol. Will have to check that recipe out. ;-) Great quote! Have a lovely day!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog! First time posting for the Daybook, but looking for something new to journal about besides homeschooling...Not that I don't like doing weekly homeschooling wrap-ups..Anyhoo.

    Oh, no! It really doesn't matter how old they are, does it? My oldest is just 16, but he's already much bigger than me (6'2" and built like a linebacker), but I know that there are times where he still needs me (just as much as I need him to carry heavy things for me LOL).

    I need to check out your crochet projects! This afghan is going to take forever, but the pattern (ripple) is easy enough. I might break at some point as I have my eye on a lacy shawl for myself, once I find just that perfect yarn for it.

    Did your bread work out? I throw ingredients in a bread machine...LOL

    Great quote! I'm a worrier, so something I have to remind myself of. Nothing is permanent and stress only robs me of the good in each day (and there's always good, right?).

    I'm not going to look at the cupcake recipe...I'm not going to look at the cupcake recipe...Who am I kidding? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hope his foot heals fast!
    That control thing - that is so hard, isn't it?
    Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that quote, especially today, and need to write that in my journal. I try to write these great quotes down, but I really should have my journal beside me so I don't forget! Make sure you let us know how the bread turns out, here's hoping that it works really well! I hope you get some sun this week, our week is supposed to be mostly sunny...I am surprised!! I even got some seeds planted today. This afternoon I am taking your advice and taking my grandson out for a walk, that should be distracting for a bit. Have a great week ( and thanks for the hug!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is true that they never stop needing us. Or we them! Hope you get to go outside and do some planting and sprucing. It is my favorite time of the year! I loved your quote. I, too, wish I could let go of needing to be in control

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!