Monday, April 13, 2015

Daybook

The Simple Woman's Daybook is back at it's original home, The Simple Woman's blog. REMEMBER if you are linking up you will need to change your link from the old one to the new one. Thank you!


(If you are new to the daybook you can go to this link to read over the guidelines.)


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~




For Today... April 13th, 2015 ~ Its my birthday!

Outside my window... Its cloudy, and has rained a little bit already.
 photo b1e0af5a-b2d2-4792-96cb-682ebe2f537f_zpsnpbtg66w.jpg

I am thinking... that I should really get going, so I can finish the laundry and housework quickly so I can veg for the day until my hubby takes me out for dinner

I am thankful... for my wonderful hubby. He is an awesome man of God, and spoils me rotten!

I am wearing... for now, black yoga pants, a purple tank top and a gray hoodie. Later I will have on a dressy pair of jeans, a purple top and one of my scarves

I am creating... Still working on the two crochet projects; the afghan and the curtain. I finished up my "create" project, just need to get it hung up
 photo 3b0ed9e3-7c09-42a5-8d58-67a9bb622567_zpscorb12iy.jpg

I am going... to possibly get my truck cleaned inside and out - if the rain holds off.

I am wondering... if I will see the youngest today. I know that my oldest will be stopping over tomorrow after his dentist appointment.

I am reading... I am still reading "Capturing The Prodigal's Heart" by Mary Easton. I am having a hard time getting into it.

I am hoping... that the weather will be nice today and tomorrow for my last two days off.

I am learning... to finally play the piano (well keyboard). I have printed off some music, but plan on getting a "I taught myself how to play the keyboard" book. I will look into taking lessons, but not just yet.
 photo 76a98db8-a7c7-410b-9ccf-d02463244ac0_zpsrzyzz1t0.jpg

In my garden... out front that is... I am starting to see some green shoots coming up. I am not sure what they are, as I don't remember the last thing I planted in there.

In my kitchen... Menu for the week:
Monday ~ going to Bud n Stanley's for dinner
Tuesday ~ baked ziti and garlic bread
Wednesday ~ Pizza
Thursday ~ leftovers
Friday ~ burgers, tater salad and macaroni salad
Saturday ~ steak, baked potato and a salad

A favorite quote for today...
 photo 38c28ad6-10e7-46a3-bb0f-280e4af9c275_zpse0xuolku.jpg

A peek into one of my days... Took a selfie with my Lici girl!
 photo 91a72df8-f8f7-4161-ac02-fa4f22007c98_zpsbhjvpnww.jpg

One of my favorite things... Firing up the grill for the first grill of the season. I love grilling. I know its a "man's" job, but I love it!!

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Monday ~ tonight out for dinner with my love
Tuesday ~ my oldest is stopping over for a bit, and I will be binge watching Homeland
Wednesday ~ work
Thursday ~ work
Friday ~ grocery shopping, and maybe girls night at a friends
Saturday ~ working around the house and spending time with my hubby
Sunday ~ church and home to veg..... OR taking Trent out for his birthday

From the board room... From my Breads/Rolls/Muffins

Cinnamon Friendship Bread
 photo 96f69d99-1bfc-4670-8e2f-0aacc5e3c34d_zpsboyfyyns.jpg


Photo Credit Mennonite Girls Can Cook


10d735f2-6a3c-4c3d-888a-bc03564c2d63_zpscbcbf448

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Jodi! I am so glad you have the day off today and your hubby is spoiling you! I hope you have a great time tonight! Things are finally melting here, and I am thankful. I love your create sign, it is really nice. Have fun learning the keyboard, my youngest is hammering away on ours, I really need to get him lessons. I love your quote today too! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hubbys that spoil are the best!!! Love that you obviously love purple! I am having a new dancing hoop made....turquoise/purple/silver!! Have a great week Jodi!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!