Monday, April 6, 2015

Daybook

The Simple Woman's Daybook is back at it's original home, The Simple Woman's blog. REMEMBER if you are linking up you will need to change your link from the old one to the new one. Thank you!


(If you are new to the daybook you can go to this link to read over the guidelines.)


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~





For Today... April 6th, 2015

Outside my window... The sun is shining, its 55°... gorgeous out!

I am thinking... That I may have overdid it on with all of the cleaning I did this morning. My back is starting to hurt again.

I am thankful... for the time spent with family yesterday at my inlaws.

I am wearing... purple yoga pants, a long sleeve white t-shirt and a pink/purplish tank top

I am creating... the never ending afghan, and still working on the curtains from last week

I am going... to the grocery store in a few minutes.

I am wondering... how its going to feel once it sinks in that my baby is old enough to be out on his own!! This past weekend he and his friend moved into their supervisor's apartment for the summer. They are subleasing it, while he is out of the country for the summer, then have plans to find a place with two other friends in the fall.

I am reading... I am still reading "Capturing The Prodigal's Heart" by Mary Easton. (right now just reading a few pages each night before I slip off into dream land.
 photo ecb59fc7-ff57-4a83-b421-336d78835395_zpsgh7bibxw.jpg

I am hoping... that I will be able to bowl at least one game tomorrow with my friend and her boys -- its our Spring Break tradition

In my kitchen... Menu for the week:
Monday ~ ravioli, garlic bread and salad
Tuesday ~ Steak fajita's and rice
Wednesday ~ Pizza
Thursday ~ leftovers
Friday ~ fish, rice and corn
Saturday ~ Brunch - cinnamon/apple coffee cake (if I can find my recipe), dinner - out somewhere for my birthday (which is the 13th)

A favorite quote for today...
 photo dc511247-5d5c-4b7a-8214-44a7ef54f47a_zpsvbdb1hni.jpg

A peek into one of my days... My boys and I yesterday at our Easter get together at m inlaws.
 photo 2baff4a2-7b21-48c4-b2e0-93b1d67d6fe1_zpswcivuuqu.jpg

One of my favorite things... finding the perfect candle..... I have been looking for a candle to go with my comforter set.. it had to match the color scheme, and smell wonderful as well! Its just the right shade of reddish/purple and a black cherry scent!!

From the board room... From my Yummy Desserts/Cookies/Treats

Apple streusel coffee cake
Photo credit:the Girl Who Ate Everything
 photo 5388dadc-b10e-474c-b5fa-d39836bfe31a_zpsqzcnex54.jpg

Fruit fluff salad
Photo credit: Craft-O-Maniac
 photo 22097842-673a-456c-b590-68aef56c04d5_zps7wjit7bq.jpg

10d735f2-6a3c-4c3d-888a-bc03564c2d63_zpscbcbf448

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jodi! You don't overdo things girlie, that back needs to heal! I love candles too, and I am always on the lookout for the perfect one. Target is closing down all across Canada and I was hoping to stock up on a few of my favourites before they closed, but I missed out. Your sons are very handsome young men! My oldest has been out of the house for almost 3 years, and I love her dh, but I stills miss having her here. Have fun bowling and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely daybook ! I think I will try the coffee cake recipe next week . And I may try to barrow your idea of putting my menu plan on my next post ... because that would mean I would need to MAKE a menu plan ! Have a great week !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your back feels better!! Those are handsome young men you've got there. =) Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not envy you about your son being on his own. Mine is almost 16, and I'm realizing how close the time is when he will be out on his own. It goes too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I certainly hope you feel better soon. Back injuries take so long to heal. Thank you for sharing yourself with us this week. My son is 22 and I am ready for him to figure out what he wants to do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!