Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Yarn Along ~ Monkey pants

"The Yarn Along began in early Fall 2010 as a way to share knitting projects and good reads; motivating ourselves, and inspiring each other. Every week knitters, and a few crocheters as well, link up and share a photo (or two) of what they are knitting and what they are reading. Knowing that Yarn Along Wednesday is coming up is a great way to stay motivated to finish those projects! And I, for one, am always on the lookout for a great book recommendation as well."

If you enjoy the Yarn Along, I invite you to grab one of Yarn Along's buttons to share on your own blog. She has made them in a rainbow of colors so you can grab the one that suits you best!

 photo 30943b55-3bba-4e29-ac4c-1ffe44380574_zps90ef22f9.jpg

I finished the poncho that I was working on last week. It turned out really cute, and the little girl loved it!! I am now working on a pair of knitted monkey pants. This pair is coming along alot faster than the last pair I made.

I am enjoying "The Friendships of Women" book, and learning more things about myself as I read. In the beginning of the book, she mentions how friends are like flowers in a garden. Some friends are annuals, and others are perennials; this is so very true in some of the friends I have had over the years.

The finished poncho
 photo b544eb99-bcc7-4ae5-b829-911a32d1b812_zpsca611379.jpg

10d735f2-6a3c-4c3d-888a-bc03564c2d63_zpscbcbf448

7 comments:

  1. That little girls poncho is adorable! And the monkey pants look really cool :-) I will have to check out that book, what you said about annuals and perennials definitely resonates with me. Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monkey pants are so much fun. I have always wanted to try the pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That poncho is adorable! I love the spring looking colors. It makes me warmer just looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love the monkey pants!! A friend knit me a similar pair which was monster themed, so fun to watch them wiggle around with them on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pieces of work! And the book you are reading sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your poncho is delightful and the bright colors are wonderful! I bet she looks lovely in it! The book sounds good :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that colorful poncho! Very nice. Food for thought, that bit about friendship... so true.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!