Saturday, February 21, 2015

Saturday 9

Freeway of Love





Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Saturday 9: Freeway of Love (1985)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.



1) In this song, Aretha's ideal car is a pink Caddy. What's your dream vehicle? Over the years its always been a 65 cherry red Mustang.... but now all I want is a Buick Enclave

2) Have you ever owned a convertible? no

3) Aretha longs to "drop the pedal and go." Are you a careful, conservative driver? Or do you enjoy going fast? It all depends on the weather.... in the winter months I am a careful, conservative driver, but the other months, I do like going fast!

4) Aretha's grandmother Rachel helped raise her. Tell us about one of your grandparents. My grandam Ensiline - she wasn't a blood relative, but she was always there for us. She made the best cinnamon toast - ever! And her date pinwheel cookies were the bomb! If we got sick at school, going to her house always made us feel better! I have tried making the cookies but failed, miserably. I am determined to make them.....

5) Aretha played a waitress in the 1980 movie, The Blues Brothers. Have you ever worked in food service? I worked at McDonald's as a teen

6) Aretha was a chain smoker for decades and had a terrible time giving up cigarettes. What habit do you wish you could break? drinking Coke

7) A sculpture of Aretha is at Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum in New York City. What's the last museum you visited? I honestly don't remember.

8) Since Aretha has many honorary degrees, it would be appropriate to refer to her as Dr. Franklin. Who is the last person you addressed by his or her title (Officer, Father, Pastor, Dr., etc.)? my doctor - Dr. Baty.

9) The daughter of a minister, Aretha enjoys singing "church music" and her 1972 CD Amazing Grace is one of the best sellers in gospel music history. Do you have any gospel music on your phone, iPod or MP3 player? at the moment, I don't. I do have it in my iTunes on the laptop.

10d735f2-6a3c-4c3d-888a-bc03564c2d63_zpscbcbf448

9 comments:

  1. I don't listen to much gospel but every now and then I need an amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the soda. The caffeine is brutal!
    I've been researching SUVs and the Buicks are nice looking. I've no business getting an enclave but the encore is darling. I am a bit concerned over their power though - some reviews say they're a little sluggish.
    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave up soda about 8 years ago and haven't missed it. I only drink water and decaf tea, an occasionally cranberry juice (bet you know what *that's* for). I remember the first week of no soda was rough but after that, it wasn't so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use to eat cinnamon toast all the time as a kid. I almost forgot about that

    ReplyDelete
  5. seeing if THIS works. Jodi, I wish you all the luck in the world giving up Coca Cola.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My ideal car is a fully restored woody from the fifties.
    I'm a careful driver now, old age does that to ya.
    I never knew my paternal grandmother. My maternal grandmother had stars in her eyes.
    I love all my habits, my wife wishes I'd quit leaving the bathroom door open.
    Model Railroad Museum in San Diego's Balboa Park.
    Our vet is the only person I address as Dr.
    I don't have any music on my iPhone but I love Amazing Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boy everyone what cars that I road in when they were new... does that make me feel old! My friends all had Mustangs, Camaros, and GTOs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love you grandma story. It doesn't matter that she wasn't blood. She was the grandmother of your heart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use to be addicted to Cola, It is more addicting than other sodas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!