Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: Freeway of Love (1985)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In this song, Aretha's ideal car is a pink Caddy. What's your dream vehicle? Over the years its always been a 65 cherry red Mustang.... but now all I want is a Buick Enclave
2) Have you ever owned a convertible? no
3) Aretha longs to "drop the pedal and go." Are you a careful, conservative driver? Or do you enjoy going fast? It all depends on the weather.... in the winter months I am a careful, conservative driver, but the other months, I do like going fast!
4) Aretha's grandmother Rachel helped raise her. Tell us about one of your grandparents. My grandam Ensiline - she wasn't a blood relative, but she was always there for us. She made the best cinnamon toast - ever! And her date pinwheel cookies were the bomb! If we got sick at school, going to her house always made us feel better! I have tried making the cookies but failed, miserably. I am determined to make them.....
5) Aretha played a waitress in the 1980 movie, The Blues Brothers. Have you ever worked in food service? I worked at McDonald's as a teen
6) Aretha was a chain smoker for decades and had a terrible time giving up cigarettes. What habit do you wish you could break? drinking Coke
7) A sculpture of Aretha is at Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum in New York City. What's the last museum you visited? I honestly don't remember.
8) Since Aretha has many honorary degrees, it would be appropriate to refer to her as Dr. Franklin. Who is the last person you addressed by his or her title (Officer, Father, Pastor, Dr., etc.)? my doctor - Dr. Baty.
9) The daughter of a minister, Aretha enjoys singing "church music" and her 1972 CD Amazing Grace is one of the best sellers in gospel music history. Do you have any gospel music on your phone, iPod or MP3 player? at the moment, I don't. I do have it in my iTunes on the laptop.