Monday, February 16, 2015

Daybook

The Simple Woman's Daybook is back at it's original home, The Simple Woman's blog. REMEMBER if you are linking up you will need to change your link from the old one to the new one. Thank you!


(If you are new to the daybook you can go to this link to read over the guidelines.)


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~





FOR TODAY February 16, 2015

Outside my window... Its still dark and very bitter cold.

I am thinking... about all I have to do today..... laundry, housework, getting myself ready for another interview, working on the few orders I have

I am thankful... That we didn't lose power over the weekend with the bitter cold temps we had and the horrible winds.

In the kitchen... I have spaghetti sauce to make, dishes to put away and a floor to mop.

I am wearing... blue sweats, a grey and white zip up hoodie, but will be changing into a purple top and black dress pants, a purple necklace, rings, watch and a few bracelets for the interview I have to go to.

I am creating... another pair of monster pants...I feel I can create these in my sleep, as I have made quite a few lately
 photo eb95f9ca-f550-4c9d-998a-97e9898bdf4f_zpsbffec8d7.jpg

I am going... To the store after my interview to pick up a few things that I forgot on Friday, so I can plan out a birthday meal for the oldest on Wednesday.

I am wondering... What the heck UnderArmor (sp) sweats really are. This is what the oldest wants for his birthday, but I have no clue, so the youngest will be going shopping with me to pick them out... I should just put $$ in the card and then he can go pick out the ones he wants.

I am reading... I just finished The Friendships of Women, so I am back to reading Submerged by Dani Pettrey.

I am looking forward to... Friday...girl time! Mother Nature had better NOT show up and ruin things again this week!

Around the house... I am liking how things are coming together now that we have the floors finished. The next major project will be our bedroom; this is the only room that has not been touched since we moved in 17 yrs ago; its time!
 photo fefad17d-1bc7-4a5a-86b8-7bdc31f75e3d_zps59548bc0.jpg

I am pondering... the fact that I will be a mother of a 27 year old. Where has the time gone!?!?!

A favorite quote for today...
 photo 58962854-e9fe-4c0b-a9ac-2b2a90fe6417_zpsa84dbee3.jpg

One of my favorite things... Banana pudding... I love that I have mastered this one thing my grandma always made for us on Saturday's growing up. This was our dessert over the weekend, this time there is nothing left....
 photo 64db606b-59c0-4c8d-bf1a-b19033eeb4e9_zps84fe0dba.jpg

A few plans for the rest of the week: Working on orders, celebrating my oldests birthday, and hopefully girls night! The weather last weekend cancelled our plans, so we really need this!

10d735f2-6a3c-4c3d-888a-bc03564c2d63_zpscbcbf448

12 comments:

  1. Love your floor! Are all the floors that you redid the same? They are beautiful!

    And, I like your quote! Great tip to remember. ;)

    Hope the weather cooperates so you can have your girl night on Friday night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your banana pudding looks amazing! Good luck with the interview. We have an underarmor outlet store near us, so I do know what it is :) My daughter lives in her underarmor sweats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jodi! Your oldest and I share the same birthday, he is the second person I found this week that has a birthday on the 18th. Your floors are beautiful, they look really nice! I also have no clue what under armour is....... I hope your interview goes well today and you get your girl's night this weekend. The weather has been awful all over the place this winter! Have a great week and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your floors are beautiful. I so want to rip up all the carpet in my house and put down these floors. Hope you find those underarmour pants.....Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that quote! It is so true ...

    I know how you feel, I have a soon-to-be 29 year old. Just not possible!

    Love your floors! Beautiful.

    The banana pudding looks scrumptious. I haven't often seen theme with a meringue topping. I bet it is good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your banana pudding looks grand! That is the favorite desert of all the men in my husband's family. It is what they all ask for on their birthday. The top of yours looks so perfect. That is an artform! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your banana pudding looks amazing, Jodi! I read The Friendships of Women a long time ago when a friend gave me the book as a gift :-)

    Blessings,
    Tammy ~@~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Thanks for talking back at Harvest Lane Cottage.

    I hope your interview went well. I'm wondering what monster pants are.

    The pudding looks oh so yummy!

    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that banana pudding looks incredible!! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh that quote!!! I love it! I needed that today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your interview went well and that you're into a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have meringue on your banana pudding!? I LOVE it! That takes it to a new level. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!