Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: Zing! Went the Strings of My Heart (1939)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song is about love at first sight. Do you believe that immediate attraction lasts? I do.....going on 25 years since the first day I saw my now hubby!
2) The lyrics mention "a breath of spring" and robins singing. Now that we're deep into winter, what do you miss about spring? Warmer temps, sunshine, flowers
3) Though the world knew her as Judy Garland, this week's featured artist was born Frances Gumm and her family called her "Baby." Does your family have any pet names for you? hubby calls me sweetie
4) Because she was petite -- just 4'11 -- it was obvious when Garland gained even a few pounds and consequently she battled her weight her whole life. Now that we're in the new year, have you made any resolutions about your own diet? just that I need to lose weight, no different from any other year
5) The year this song came out, 1939, was the year Garland's most famous movie, The Wizard of Oz, was released. Which of her three traveling companions is your favorite: Scarecrow, Tin Man or Cowardly Lion? Scarecrow
6) Barry Manilow enjoyed Judy's performance of this song so much he did a "dream duet" with her and included it in his recent CD. What performer who is no longer with us do you wish you could have seen in concert? Elvis, I guess
7) Judy had a terrible problem with tardiness. Are you usually prompt? Very, I hate being late for anything!
8) During World War II, Judy worked tirelessly to entertain the troops. Tell us about a cause that's near and dear to your heart. Breast Cancer awareness
9) The American Film Institute lists Garland as the 8th greatest movie star of all time. Who is your all time favorite actor or actress? Denzel Washington