Monday, January 19, 2015

Daybook

The Simple Woman's Daybook is back at it's original home, The Simple Woman's blog. REMEMBER if you are linking up you will need to change your link from the old one to the new one. Thank you!


(If you are new to the daybook you can go to this link to read over the guidelines.)


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~





FOR TODAY January 19,2015

Outside my window... its still dark out.

I am thinking... about all I have to do today, laundry, housework, clean out the pantry, finish up some knitting/crochet projects.

I am thankful... for all that God has provided for us.

In the kitchen... I will be making a batch of spaghetti sauce and maybe some chocolate chip cookies. Later this week I am going to try my hand at my Grandma Ensiline's date pinwheel cookies. She always had a supply on hand in her cookie jar and they were the best! I wish she was still her so I could have her make them with me.

I am wearing... still in my pj's, but will more than likely be wearing some black yoga pants and a hoodie once I shower and get dressed

I am creating...a crochet newsboy hat, another pair of monster pants, a monkey hat/diaper cover, some booties, and then finally will be starting my "Be Still" afghan. This is a finished one by the creator of the pattern. I am going to be making mine with purples/white/gray.
 photo 66ea9375-183a-49f0-9f0b-5afac5f1c070_zps859273f3.jpg

I am going... to be a very busy gal once I start the above project. I remember how long it took me to finish my son's afghan, hopefully it won't take me as long, but I have a feeling it will.

I am wondering... if today will be the day that I hear back from the one job interview that I really want!

I am reading... I just started a book on my Kindle, but for the lift of me I can't remember the name of it.

I am hoping... for good news on the job front

I am looking forward to... our possible Friday night girls night at a friends house....hoping that the sickies do not invade the rest of them (as her hubby came down with something yesterday)

I am learning...

Around the house... its very peaceful today...I may have to leave the TV off all day...the quietness is very calming right now.

I am pondering... many things at the moment

A favorite quote for today... "There are often great lessons to be learned at the roots of stress, drama, and heartache. Don’t let the magnitude of the circumstance blind you to the value of the lesson." - Steve Maraboli

One of my favorite things... my quiet time in the mornings after my hubby leaves for work.

A few plans for the rest of the week: working on the many crochet projects, shopping, girls night

A peek into my day... In between housework and laundry, I will be playing and snuggling with my Lici girl
 photo 9ce7d88e-4f37-47bf-b7a1-924e45002f51_zps5f4b93cc.jpg

10d735f2-6a3c-4c3d-888a-bc03564c2d63_zpscbcbf448

5 comments:

  1. That will be a beautiful afghan. Can't wait to see it when you are through. I am actually sitting here now with the TV off. Doesn't happen very often in this house. It IS peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying the sickies stay away and you are able to enjoy your girls night. They truely are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that afghan is going to be so beautiful! Do you sell some of the things you make? And that quote... it is very, very good! I so hope all is well so you can go on your girls night, that will be so nice for you! And my fingers, toes and eyes are crossed about the job!!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the afghan. What a wonderful project. I have never seen one like it before. I hope you will show your progress over time. I hope you here good news on the job hunt. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!