Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: Feliz Navidad (1970)
Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.
1. "Feliz Navidad" is Spanish for "Merry Christmas." Can you wish us happy holidays in a language other than English or Spanish? Buon Natale - (Italian)
2. According to ASCAP (the American Association of Composers, Authors and Publishers), this is one of the 20 most played holiday songs of the last 10 years. What's the most recent carol that you heard? Santa Claus is Coming to Town
3. Which Christmas song do you hope you never hear again? I love all Christmas songs, just don't want to hear them before Thanksgiving!
4. This week's featured artist, Jose Feliciano, was honored to perform this song at the tree lighting ceremony at the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC. If you were to win a trip to our nation's capital, which sites would you visit? The Vietnam Wall, Washinton Monument, Lincoln Memorial, Holocaust Museum, Unknown Soldier tomb
5. As a very young child, Jose taught himself to play the accordion. If you could suddenly, easily learn to play any instrument, which would you choose? piano
6. Jose says that hearing early 1950s rock on the radio made him want to become a singer. What's your favorite music genre? The 80"s
7. At 17, Jose had to drop out of school to help support his family. Too young to enter bars, he played guitar in coffee houses for tips. Have you ever worked a job where you regularly received gratuities? no
8. Jose and wife Susan have been together for more than 40 years. Who is the happiest married couple you know? me and my hubby of course!
9. Jose wrote and performed the theme of the 1970s show, Chico and the Man. What's your current favorite TV show? There are too many to list! I guess as this very moment... Blue Bloods (as I am watching last night's episode right now)