Monday, December 15, 2014

Daybook

The Simple Woman's Daybook is back at it's original home, The Simple Woman's blog. REMEMBER if you are linking up you will need to change your link from the old one to the new one. Thank you!


(If you are new to the daybook you can go to this link to read over the guidelines.)


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~





FOR TODAY ~ December 15, 2014

Outside my window... Its gloomy and drizzly out. The temps for today are nearing 50, which is rare for this time of year, but I will take it over snow any day!!!

I am thinking... about all the wrapping I have to do.

I am thankful... for quiet mornings and hot cocoa

In the kitchen... I will be making peanut blossoms later today

I am wearing... jeans, a purple tank top and a hoodie

I am creating... a few hats, then back to whipping out some ornaments to go with the gift cards for relatives.

I am going... to the car dealer to get the recall fixed on my hubby's car, then the store to get a mailer, then the post office then the yarn store to pick up a skein and a zipper to finish off a hat

I am wondering... about lots of things

I am reading... still nothing

I am hoping... that my hubby gets a decent bonus this year, so we can get carpent for the living room!

I am looking forward to... the time off my hubby is taking after Christmas

I am learning... that my pup is a spaz when it comes to stuffed toys

Around the house... its beginning to look like Christmas

I am pondering... whether or not I should go back to school; the job situation isn't panning out right now, so maybe a career change (late in life) my be my next step.

A favorite quote for today... Anyone can make you smile. many people can make you cry, but it takes someone really special to make you smile with tears in your eyes.

One of my favorite things... cuddling with my hubby with only the lights on the Christmas tree
 photo f35d2cce-81a4-4b97-b6ea-2537ca5b821a_zpsc4791f40.jpg

A few plans for the rest of the week: working on the last few hat orders of the year, shopping and dinner with a few friends, and baking

A peek into my day... In between folding laundry, I will be dealing with this crazy pup and her new obsession, a stuffed opossum
 photo 6857d218-1dcb-4026-9199-de754825c34f_zpsca11bdc1.jpg

10d735f2-6a3c-4c3d-888a-bc03564c2d63_zpscbcbf448

4 comments:

  1. I really like your quote! It sounds like you have had a busy day! My kids are going crazy wondering where the snow is this year, so far we have only had 1 cm and that disappeared in a couple of hours! Sorry the job situation is taking so long, I hope and pray that a door opens for you soon. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...now things are working like they should. I was trying to leave a comment earlier and I think you were leaving one at my blog at around the same time. I enjoyed your entry today, Jodi. Your tree is so pretty. I love the little white lights...that is what we have on our tree also. I saw a picture of some peanut blossoms, so I am guessing you were able to get your baking accomplished today! I'm with you when it comes to quiet mornings and cups of hot cocoa. :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tree and adorable pup!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!