Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: Mine Would Be You
(recommended by Kathy W)
If you're not familiar with today's song, you can hear it here.
1) The lyrics mention his respect for "90 proof and Marlboro Red." What was your most recent drink? When was your last cigarette? Peach schnapps/coke, and it has been years since I had a cigarette
2) They also reference "singing like crazy fools." What's the last song you sang? Jessie's Girl (gotta love the 80's!)
3) Blake Shelton won a Grammy for his performance of this song. Crazy Sam won the award for "most improved bowler" when she was in third grade, and it's now in a closet somewhere. Do you have any trophies? If so, where are they? maybe at my parents home?
4) Blake is currently on tour. The merchandise sold at concerts brings in big money for the artist. Do you have any tour memorabilia (like a poster or t-shirt)? no
5) In addition to The Voice, Shelton is on TV a lot with his Pizza Hut commercials. What chain restaurant is nearest your home? Do you eat there? McDonald's in close, and I do eat there
6) Shelton has a million-seller CD called Cheers! It's Christmas! What's the first Christmas carol to pop into your head this hot summer Saturday? Grandma got run over by a reindeer
7) Shelton and Miranda Lambert were married in front of 550 guests. Do you enjoy weddings? I do
8) The wedding took place on a big Texas ranch. Have you spent much time on a farm or a ranch? no
9) In 2013 he helped organize a relief benefit concert for victims of the Oklahoma tornados. Tell us about a charity you support. American Cancer Society