Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: LIttle Red Corvette
(recommended by Smellyann)
No link this week. Prince apparently is very strict about copyright infringement.
1) The subject of this song is frankly sexual. Do you blush easily? not really
2) Prince is his real name (Prince Rogers, to be exact). Growing up, his relatives called him "Skipper." Do you have any nicknames within your family? other than my hubby calling me sweetie, nope
3) Prince says he's "obsessed" with Mozart and reads whatever he can find about the composer. What's the last book you read? I am reading The Outcast by Jolina Petersheim
4) Between Prince and The Beach Boys, the Corvette is a much sung-about car. Tell us about your vehicle. I drive a Mercury Mariner
5) In the 1980s, when Prince was popular, MTV could turn a song into a hit. In 2014, how do you hear new music? on my iPhone, via iTunes radio
6) In 1982, when "Little Red Corvette" ruled the airwaves, Braniff Airways shocked the travel industry and threw passengers into chaos by declaring bankruptcy. When did you last fly? Did your trip go smoothly? It has been at least 10 years since I have flown, and from what I remember correctly, it went ok
7) 1982 is also the year Disney opened Epcot. Have you ever been to a Disney park? yep, Disney World 3 times
8) 1982 is the year Cheers premiered. The sitcom was set in a bar where "everybody knows your name." Tell us about your favorite local bar or restaurant. TGIFriday's
9) The 1980s were considered a highpoint in professional tennis, with Jimmy Connors and John McEnroe dominating the sport. Do you play tennis? no