Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.
1) This song is about how the older generation often doesn't understand what the younger generation is up to. Do you keep up with trends? For the most part I do
2) This song was in the top 10 in 1972, which is also the year HBO was introduced. Do you have any premium cable channels? I think the only one we have STARZ
3) Mother Winters taught Sam how to kill the lingering food smells in her microwave (take a bowl of water, add a few drops of vanilla extract, and heat it in the microwave). Do you have any useful household hints to pass along? To get rid of those stubborn yellow under arm stains - use one part Dawn dish soap mixed with two parts Hydrogen Peroxide, plus some baking soda for extra scrubbing elements. Use a laundry brush to scrub the intended area....launder as usual.
4) The French word for "mother" is "mère." What other French words do you know? Bonjour
5) Flowers and plants are popular on Mother's Day. How is your yard or garden? Is it green and/or blooming? I have a few plants that are starting to bloom. I need to go buy some new plants to spruce up the front yard
6) Mother's Day is a big holiday for card shops. So are birthdays, weddings, and St. Patrick's Day. Hallmark sells greetings for everything from "Congratulations on Your New Job" to "Happy Retirement." Who received the most recent card you bought? My friend Karen with the birth of her granddaughter
7) Have you put away your winter clothes yet? no
8) Mother Winters used to scold Sam for leaving her dirty dishes in the sink. Sam admits it: as a grown up, she's still a bit of a slob. Do lean toward "neat" or "messy?" I try to stay true to my neat self, but there are days I just don't care and let things get messy... sigh
9) To celebrate Mother's Day, Sam is giving away candy bars. Would you prefer classic milk chocolate, dark chocolate or milk chocolate with almonds? Milk chocolate