Saturday, April 5, 2014
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
50 years ago this week, The Beatles made history with this song (hear it here). They became the first and only act in history to hold all 5 of the top slots in the Billboard Hot 100.
1) In this song, Beatle Paul offers to buy his girl a diamond ring. Do you wear rings? yep, I have my wedding ring, either my purple ring, or topaz, then two silver rings
2) This song was written by boyhood friends John Lennon and Paul McCartney, who went on to become the most successful songwriters of the 20th century. Tell us about your best friend from "the old neighborhood." Do you know where he or she is today? Jeanine, and yep, we get together several times a year.
3) The Ed Sullivan Theater, where the Beatles first performed to a mass American audience, is now the home of The Late Show with David Letterman. Do you have a favorite late night talk show? nope, I am usually crashed before 11
4) In 1964, when this song became #1, one of top TV shows was My Favorite Martian. Do you believe in life on other planets? no
5) In those days, homes had rotary dial phones, often affixed to the wall, with the receiver always tethered by a curly cord. Does your home still have a landline phone? we do, not sure why, as we seldom use it
6) 1964 was the year GI Joe first appeared on toy shelves. Tell us about one of your favorite childhood toys. probably Barbies
7) Ringo was the first Beatle to become a grandfather. His granddaughter, Tatia, is now a rock musician. If you were to follow your grandfather into his chosen profession, what would you be doing now? farmer and I think the other worked in a factory
8) Paul McCartney admits he enjoys watching MasterChef. What show do you go out of your way to catch? Walking Dead, and many, many more!
9) The paparazzi has often caught Paul pedaling a bike around Martha's Vineyard. What's your favorite form of exercise? walking, I guess