Thursday, November 21, 2013
Thanksgiving edition ~ my favorite foods for Turkey day!
1. Turkey of course. I wish the oil wasn't so expensive, so I could deep fry one again! I will be making my own dinner this year, and in the oven it will go.
2. Mashed potatoes/gravy.
3. Sweet potatoes - oh so yummy!
4. Green bean casserole - oh my!
5. Rolls - trying to find a new recipe to try, the same ole same ole isn't cutting it anymore!
6. Stuffing - a must! Christopher wants me to try and make it they way my mother inlaw does. Guess I will be giving her a call for her recipe!
7. Pumpkin pie, with lots of whip cream!
8. Apple pie - hubby's favorite.
9. Turnovers - for breakfast. I have resorted to making my own, as Pepperidge Farms no longer makes the kind I like.
Then for leftovers the weekend (and yes, there will be leftovers, as its only 3 of us, and I plan on getting a huge turkey!)
10. Turkey pot pie
11. Turkey sandwiches
12. With the carcass, hoping to try my hand at turkey soup.
13. And then a repeat of the tradition dinner - as there will be lots of lefovers!!