Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sunday Stealing

Thanksgiving Meme



It's Thanksgiving in the States! Wishing everyone a lovely holiday!




This week's Thanksgiving Meme comes from the archives!


1. What do you have for breakfast on Thanksgiving? bowl of cereal or a banana

2. Do you go to a Thanksgiving parade or watch one on TV? Don't have any parades here to go to, and sometimes watch the Macy's parade on TV

3. Do you serve appetizers, lunch, or snacks during the day? no

4. What are the traditional favorites? turkey, stuffing, sweet taters, mashed taters/gravy, green bean casserole and pumpkin pie

5. What new recipes will you try this year? none, sticking to the usuals

6. What part of the meal do you never compromise? stuffing

7. Who gets to carve the turkey? I do

8. Family style around the table or buffet style and everyone sits wherever there’s room? family style, the only time we ever eat at the table

9. How many will be at your table this year? just 3 - my baby is still at Basic training for the National Guard

10. Once you're at the table, do you say grace or a toast or does everyone go around and say what they're thankful for? hubby says grace

11. Cranberry sauce… yay or nay? nay

12. What time do you eat Thanksgiving Dinner? usually depends on when the oldest has to leave for work. I think we are going to shoot for 4 this year

13. Three best pies for Thanksgiving dessert? pumpkin and apple, don't really have a 3rd kind I like

14. Do you have dessert right after the main meal or later on? later on

15. Favorite leftover? everything! I always make double, so I can have leftovers for the weekend!

10d735f2-6a3c-4c3d-888a-bc03564c2d63_zpscbcbf448

3 comments:

  1. Both of my SIL's go all out on appetizers....even bringing them to my house...since I don't. There is too much good cooking going on to fill up on appetizers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The leftovers are definitely the best part--I'll eat leftover stuffing with gravy for breakfast. (Hey--your stomach doesn't know what time it is!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are no local parades around here, either, it's far too cold. I do love Macy's.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!