Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Overnight french toast?

So I posted a little while about about blueberry pancakes being on the menu and that I am drooling over them. I think I found something else that I can drool over!

I just finished my latest Amish book, and in the back they have the recipe posted for Overnight Blueberry French Toast. Yum! I will be trying this out next week on Spring Break!

12 thick slices of bread, cut into 1" cubes
1 8 oz pkg. cream cheese, cut in 1/2" cubes
1 1/2 cups blueberries (fresh, frozen or canned)
12 eggs
3 cups maple syrup
2 cups milk

Place half the bread cubes in a buttered 9" x 13" baking pan. Distribute all the cream cheese on top. Add remaining bread cubes and blueberries. Set aside. In a bowl, beat the eggs, syrup, and milk; pour evenly in the pan. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Then cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 20 to 30 minutes (longer if necessary) until golden brown. Serve immediately.

Sounds oh so yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you liked your visit! Be blessed!